• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My wife is pregnant

Hi all :hug:

My wife is pregnant she is in the first month

Thanks gad for this gift

all members many thanks for your support :)

Question:
Do Crohns affect on my wife during her pregnant at the moment?

:congratualtions:Congratulations!!
Sorry I cant offer any advice on Crohns in pregnancy, but I am sure many of the wonderful people on here will be able to.

Sharon xxxxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Congrats on the pregnancy! Everyone is different with pregnancies let alone CD. Some are in remission during pregnancy so she could be a lucky one. Hopefully she is not on any heavy meds. Ultra sounds at regular intervals is crucial in my opinion. Hope she is well all the way through!

Congrats, that's wonderful news.

I have had 4 beautiful babies whilst suffering from Ulcerative Colitis. I was on meds some of the time (prednisone, but tappered off fairly quickly) and my daily dose of Pentasa throughout the entire pregnancy. All were born 8.5lb or more and have no effects.

For some reason pregnancy seemed to make my colitis lie dormant so here's hoping the same will happen for you guys.

Be sure to get a great obstetrician who can communicate with your wifes GI and manage the pregnancy together.

Congrats

I've read that if your in remission once you get pregnant than you'll stay in remission but if you are flaring then you'll stay in the flare. Being in a flare is a lot harder on the baby since a lot of blood and nutrients aren't absorbed properly. I've also read that most medicines are ok to be on while pregnant but she should still keep a close eye and discuss with both her GI and obgyn for further clarification on which are appropriate to stay on.