• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New

Hello! My husband has crohns and is currently having a flare. He was diagnosed in 2006 and after a short course of meds, managed the disease without medication until now.
I am happy to be able to join this forum in order to gain more information and better support my sweet husband.

We are working on establishing a good relationship with his GI doc and trying not to worry too much. He has has lots of testing done recently, including an enterography MRI - I am personally sorry for anyone who has had to undergo that one :eek:

Thanks for creating this site and making space for care-givers.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: to the forum! We are here for everyone concerns are best dealt with so you can understand his disease better. So glad you joined us, shows you care.

Good thing you both don't stress over it and that helps alot. Most people try and not stay on something to keep it at bay but usually a symptom or two will show up sometime, somewhere for most of us. I have NEVER had an MRI... they would find me dead coming out. They would have to put me right out!!!! I am so claustrophic in small places.

When will he get the results? Hopefully soon, so he can get treatment. Where is his pain mostly? :hang: in there , we have a great bunch to give you their insights too!

Thank you so much for your reply!!

Yeah, the MRI was rough, he was really brave. We hope the results will be to his GI doc by our Monday appointment. They are trying to categorize his crohns so that an appropriate course of treatment can be prescribed.

His pain is in left abdominal area. He has also recently had many other symptoms. After a recent trip to the ER, his doc prescribed 2 antibiotics, one crohns med (pentasa) and prednisone. They don't seem to be working. So we are just waiting to learn the test results.

Thanks again for your welcoming response.

We are hoping he will feel better soon :(

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Wife! How long has he been on pred and what dose is he taking? It usually helps quickly. Perhaps they need to up the dose. Good luck!

Jessi

Hi Wife and welcome to the forum! It's wonderful that you are so supportive of your husband. :hug: We all need someone like you.

Prednisone usually does the trick for us. So like Dexky said, maybe a higher dose???

And yes, we did make a space for care-givers. We love people like you. http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90
Here's a sub-forum to chat about Pentasa: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125 and one for prednisone: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

I hope you learn a lot here and find comfort. :)

Thank you so much for the responses and helpful resources. He is actually having a better day today! :)

So we think maybe it just took longer than was predicted by his medical team - the nurse at his doctor's office said he should notice a big difference within 24 hours of the first 60mg dose. When that didn't happen, we got worried. He has been on pred for 5 days.

Thank you all again for your helpful words. This forum has already been so helpful to me-makes me feel a lot less isolated.

Jessi

We all felt isolated before finding this forum. I am so grateful for it. :)
I'm glad the prednisone is working. Fingers crossed that it continues.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Wife and welcome! I am sorry to hear your hubby's Crohn's is acting up again. How long has he been on his new treatment plan? I sure hope it starts working soon! Until then, you may want to support him to sticking to a low res diet. Things like toast, rice, chicken, yogurt, mashed potatoes are easy to digest and hurt less.

Best of luck!