• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie: hope this is right place

Hi my name is derek and this is my story. I hope this is the right place for me cause i am looking for a place to meet people in same position as me and it is hard to to find somewhere.
So here goes
On jan 13th 2011 i was crushed at work by the lifter on my lorry.I was rushed to hospital with internal bleeding,when i hospital they managed to save my life but in doig that they had to remove all but 45cm of my small intestine and about 1/3 of large. this resulted in me having to be feed via TPN and an illostomy fitted. After a 2 month i got out of hospital. and returned in aug 2011 for my reversal op to rejoin what i had left. its now dec and i am starting to put weight on a little and have got my TPN down to 3 days over the week.
i ma after 11 months i will be returning to work at end of month but as i have a hickman line i cant return to my previous job or do the work i used to.
i hope i am in right place so i can find people with similar problems and have dealt with the issues i have, and hope if i can help aswell with the things i have went through and still dealing with at moment
so thats my story and i hope to hear and meet everybody soon.
thanks makey

Angrybird

Hi makey and welcome, i joined the forum a week ago and have found everyone very helpful and supportive. Sound's like you have had a really tough time of it and with the experience you have had I am sure you will be able help others.

Welcome to the forum Makey! I joined last week, and so far it's been very helpful. Lots of good advice from helpful and caring members. You definitely came to the right place.

And I'm glad to hear you've got the TPN down to 3 times a week. I was on on it myself for 3 weeks, and it sure does suck not being able to eat or drink anything.

Well, good luck!
And cheers

David

Co-Founder
Hi Derek and welcome! :)

Well, this is sort of the right place. You are absolutely welcome and many here can relate to exactly what you're dealing with regarding the resection, TPN, etc as a lot of people here have had such surgeries and treatments. However, this site is mostly for people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease such as Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. But I again say you're absolutely welcome since we can relate.

Three of our forums you may want to check out are our ostomy forum, surgery forum, and enteral nutrition which covers TPN.

I wish you nothing but the best and I hope you keep us updated as to your progress! If there's anything we can do for you, let us know :)

Jessi

Hi Makey! Welcome. :) I absolutely agree with David. You have some similar experiences to others here on the forum, so why not hang out? :hug: You'll, at the very least, make friends with others that have a stoma. Good luck to you.