• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thank you~NEW

I Just would like to THANK who ever started this group!!

I am so thankful I found you all and know I will be coming here a LOT and this will help me a great deal. Just a little about me, I am 42 years old and the mom of 2 boys one 21 years old and one 9 years old!! I have been sick all my life with many illnesses this one has haunted me since I was 2 years old when my parents had to start giving me suppositories because nothing else the drs tried would work and it took me weeks to have a bowel movement.
Unfortunately it never went away and by high school I even missed a lot of school do to pain, nausea and just plain feeling sick from going a month with out going.
Didnt see many drs at this point mom had no insurance, through middle school I just didnt eat much and only weighed 60pds.... also suffered with asthma and sinus disease had 2 surgery's on my sinus so drs focused on that more.

So when I got married I started seeing drs my self I was 18 and they said it was IBS did some test and told me to use fleets and take laxatives BOY thanks heard that before. Got pregnant had my son ...... things stayed the same then had many surgery's ..... through out the years hysterectomy , appendix , ovaries removed. 5 sinus surgery's lymph nodes removed, hand surgery, 3 foot surgery's... breast surgery, gallbladder, reconstructive sinuses. During this time I also had Lymes which they found I had for over 10 years and the low dose of antibiotics I was on had hid it so I had to have a porta cath for 8 months and do IV antibiotics 3 times a day.
Then to be diagnosed with FMS: and Ra so I now do Remicade every 30 days by IV as well.
I got blood on my brain and lost all my spinal fluid 1.5 years ago over the remicade so I had to stop that for 7 months that was awful but we are hoping it doesnt happen again??

Needless to say I have been through hell and back and am still having the same issues I cant go to the bathroom on my own but use to be able to get help the one med that did help went of the market 6 years ago caused heart attacks :(

Now NOTHING works fleets nothing, laxatives nothing , enemas nothing even when I do the prep to have a colonostapy DR has to clean me out once I am asleep the prep does not work :(
So all the test began 5 months ago the one that really pushed my dr to say yep the colon is fried ( excuse my term) is the sitz marker after 14 days of exrays ALL 60 markers were still there and did not move.

So if you got this far..... I have a GI doctor who doesnt really believe in surgery so he has not agreed my surgeon who I love and even made one of the TOP 100 drs here and the front of the Baltimore magazine does and he sent me to another surgeon last night who said it NEEDS to be done and its time for me to have some relief have a life. Because pretty much the past 7 months I dont eat but once a day and if we have anywhere to go I wont eat at all because of the severe pain and nausea so I am so malnutritioned and so weak like sucks and I want mine BACK......:ylol2:

Thank you for listening and I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing your story's and being your support as well.

Lizz

Asthma: since birth
IBS: chronic constipation ect... since age 2
Chronic sinus disease: Age 6
FMS:2000
Lymes:1999
RA: 2006
colonic inertia/NO mobility in the Transverse of the colon @ all:2011

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Lizz.. How are you even walking? :eek: You have had so many surgeries!!!!Having more than one disease or symptom is hard enough without crohns but Crohn's on top? Whew. I have had a few surgeries, some none crohns related. IBD also runs in my familiy, so I am very aware of this and my daughter is at that age now 23 where I hope and pray to god she doesnt get IBD.

I am glad your doctor got you a second surgeon. I agree surgery it the last option but sometimes it is the only option.

Keep us posted. Hope you do enjoy hanging out with us. Welcome aboard!

Angrybird

Hi Lizz and welcome. WOW that is a lot for one person to go through. They are a lovely bunch here and very supportive and I think you will be able to have a lot of info and advice for others based on what you have experienced. I feel really lucky that I have just had my first op ever and it went really smoothly and was done laparascopically so I don't even have big scars to worry about. Keep us posted on how you get on.

THANK you everyone....
I dont have a date for surgery yet, talked to my surgeons office today and he would still like my GI doctor to agree on surgery but my GI doctor is one to fight surgery for ever I have really suffered the past 4 years and it took my surgeon to do the sitz marker study which my GI doctor should have sent me for years ago :( I am hoping since the second opinion says I REALLY need this surgery my surgeon ignores the GI dr and I plan to find a new one when I have the strength to.