• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

There is always someone who is worse off than you!

My name is Michelle and I am 20 years old. I have had severe Crohn's Disease since I was 8. I am new to this site, but was reading through it, and it seems to be a helpful support group. :) I have been on every medicine out there for Crohns...predisone, remicade, humiara, you name it. Today I did my first dose of Cimzia. I know it's a newer medication, but was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who had any bad side effects from it? And how long it took before the symptoms from Cimzia occured if any? I'm really keeping my fingers crossed this works for me and everyone else who is on it!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Michelle! Welcome to the forum :bigwave: Cimzia is one drug I have not been on , but I have tried the others with no success. Cimzia isnt in Canada and my Gi thinks it maybe pointless for me. I hope this works for you, there are many threads here about Cimzia, hope you can get something from them. Others will come on here and share too. Hope you join in. http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=13661

David

Co-Founder
Hi Michelle and welcome! I'm sorry to hear other meds haven't been working to well for you, but I hope Cimzia does the trick!

Out of curiosity, are you on any supplements such as vitamin B12 and vitamin D?

I wish you all the best and hope to see you around the forum. :)

Jessi

Hi Michelle. Glad you joined us. :)

I'm crossing my fingers for you, too, that Cimzia helps you. I haven't been on it, but I hope you find answers to your questions soon.

How did your first dose go? Did you have any weird reactions? How often do you take it?

Again welcome and good luck! :hug:

Angrybird

Hi Michelle and welcome. I have not been on this med so cannot give an opinion but hopefully this will be the one to help you. Is is the right place to get the support and advice you need though.