• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's in my cheek...

crohn's in my cheek...

The reason they diag me with chron's is that i had,
a lump on my right cheek, they cut a sample of and sent it away,
when it came back they said i had chron's very confused, i was wondering if anyone found out the same as me, i still cant accept that i got it, i dont take my medication sometime's because it make's me feel normal, i was only young at the time i didn't understand what was wrong with me, i couldn't even learn at school because of this illness, and now i have no future, sometime's i cant even go out my house that's how bad it is for me

Last edited:
Why couldn't you learn at school? Why do you have no future? I would say almost all people with Crohn's don't have these problems. Do you have a particularly severe case? What other symptoms do you have now than the lump in your cheek?

Also you should definitely not skip on your meds!

I'm sorry to hear you have this disease and you are having trouble accepting it. I know a lot of people (myself included) experience denial about their disease. Most people actually go through the stages of grief. I hope you find some comfort and peace here. Welcome to the forum.

i was that ill, i just couldn't learn no qualifacations nothing. , they said i had A.D.H.D aswell so i was taking ritilin, a med for that, the Lump in my cheek has gone now, where i was on steroids and other meds for it, no i just feel tierd all the time , sometimes it's okay and sometime's i cant even go out or feel like eating, i hate it.

I guess it will make me feel better on this site, i have not met anybody in my area with this, i dont bother telling people about my illness becuase some people dont even know what it is or understand.

Thanks.

Yep, people on here definitely understand! We are always here if you need to vent or hear stories from others. We have a success stories forum that might be worthwhile checking out. A lot of people have gone through some pretty tough battles and come out ok. Have you looked in to see if there are any support groups or fundraisers near you? It might be good to learn that you're not alone there.

I can relate to feeling tired all the time. I'm glad the lump in your cheek is gone. What maintenance medication are you on for your Crohn's?

Yeah im suprised i found a website like this because i dont know anybody with the illness, yeah i am checking them out now, incredible, no i dont think there is anything like that by me,

yeah it's not nice isit feeling drowsey, yeah me to it was so weird, im ive tried quite a few meds for this, but i am now takin methotrexate, i only take 1type , because it makes me feel sick taking all them tablets at once i take 6 tabs, 1 time a week, what meds are you taking ??

I had a good chunk of my colon removed in June so I'm not currently on any meds. I have a colonoscopy on Thursday to determine my future treatment plan.

You take all of your methotrexate once a week? How is it prescribed?

oh dear, why did you have that removed for?
and how old are you if you dont mnd me asking ?
yeah i take it all at once , one time a week,
and i have it supplied from my doctor, special permission from the NHS

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Scott and welcome! I am sorry your Crohn's has restricted you so much. It really stinks when you can't enjoy daily life because you feel so unwell.

I sure hope the methotrexate is helping, and you are feeling a little better these days.

I am 25. I had it removed and I am so glad I did. My life is so much better now, I have no words to express it. Probably one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Hi, yes it was very unexspected, im glad they found it out the sooner the better really, it was the Dentist who found it out not a doctor, this medication is deffantly, settled the chrohn's mostly every time i was going to the toliet it was blood, and being sick but now it hasn't been like that since, it is very hard to sink in that you got this illness, today i am taking some steroid's to help me put more weight on hopefully.

if you had that part removed, does it effect anything else in anyway? very glad for you that it's really made a diffrence :)

When were you diagnosed?
I'm sure there will be support groups in Bristol. If you become a member of Crohn's and colitis UK, they can put you in touch with groups in your local area. I have never been to any but it would be good for you to meet other people with your illness.
You say you don't really tell people about your illness, that might be why you don't know anyone else with it. The first time I met someone who had it was a girl in my A level psychology class. I was talking to my teacher and she turned around and said 'I have that too!'
It is dificult dealing with who to tell and how to tell them. But you learn as time goes on. I think it is important to tell people, otherwise you will always have that feeling of isolation.
People won't understand if you don't help them or let them. No one will ever understand properly unless they are diagnosed. Thats one thing you have to accept. Some people wont want to understand. But there are some special people who will care and who will want to know and help you.