• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need advise

need advise

Hello, I am new to this, I was diagnosed with CD in April 2011 and I have been on Humira for 2 months. Over the past month I have had joint pain and muscle aches like I have been working out but I have not. After I get up from sitting for a little while it hurts to stand on my feet. It kind of feels like my body is retaining water. Has anyone else felt like this before?

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome, I'm glad you joined the forum :)

When you say it FEELS like your body is retaining water, does it just feel that way or do you have actual signs of water retention?

Have you been tested for vitamin and mineral deficiencies? For example, if you're low in vitamin D supplementing that can alleviate body aches like you describe. If you're low in vitamin B6, that can lead to water retention. Due to the nature of Crohn's Disease, vitamin and mineral deficiencies are unfortunately quite common.

Again, welcome, I hope you stick around. I know the Utah support group is also quite active so you may want to check in there as they're great people.

Jessi

Hiya fun4me! Welcome to the forum. :)

Yep, David's right. We Utahns are great people. :D

You say it hurts when you stand on your feet? Where is your pain? I have pain in my heels upon standing, and I was told that it's associated with arthritis. People with IBD very often have arthritis as well. And again, David's right... the proper vitamins can really help with that.

How's the Humira working for you? I hope it's doing the trick. :hug:

Hey fun4me! Welcome.

I know Roosevelt is a ways from the Wasatch Front, but we are having monthly get togethers in person and we would love to invite you to those.

My Dad's family is from the basin. He graduated from Roosevelt High back in the 1940's. I have cousins who graduated from Union High in the early 1980's.

I'd like to hear from ya. I hope the Humira is doing well for you. I am on Humira as well.