• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

About inflamation

about inflamation

Hi,
I've been reading here a while, just registered.

I was diagnosed with crohns a few months ago.
I was already taking LDN for MS. 2.5 mg.

My Dr. agreed to raise it to 4.5 mg.

My question is about the c-reactive protein levels.
before increasing the LDN it was at 15.
After 10 weeks it's at 13.

So, whats a good level?

The pain is greatly improved, but the diahria is still relentless.
Does it ever stop?

Ian

0 is normal but I think anything between 0 and 5 is considered normal? Possibly even slightly higher (might depend on your doctor's opinion). Certainly neither 13 or 15 is particularly high but they are abnormal numbers so if they're indeed relative to what's going on inside, they indicate that you have mild inflammation (I say if, because my last severe flare my CRP came back as a 3, sometimes they just don't correlate).
But it looks like it's slowly on the way down, so keep on doing what you're doing! :)

Thanks y'all,

this helps a lot.
The GI wanted me to start Pentasa because of the crp #s.
But I'd rather give the LDN a while longer.

I'm doing much better painwise, and I'm going potty much less often.

Is there anything that helps with the diarrhea ?

Probiotics definitely help me. Probably depends on the extent/location of surgeries. Generally speaking, at least 15billion of good quality probios a day does the trick. See the probiotics thread. Also, don't eat anything with added sugar or fake sugar. Real honey and stevia used sparingly, maybe xylitol. I take Jarrow EPS, three a day on an empty stomach.