• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's and IVF

I've found out that I have Crohn's in June 2010. Before that I went through an IVF cycle and I miscarried. After I found out, I had another IVF cycle (without being on medication) and I again I miscarried.
At the beginning of December 2010 I had a bad flare-up and I ended in hospital. They put me on Prednisone and Pentasa.
The doctor's plan is to continue with Entocort when I'll be finishing with Predinosone (tapering 5 mg Predinosone every week) and also continue taking Pentasa (2mg/day).

Now, I'm starting to fell better, no symptoms, sometimes just a bit of a discomfort on the right side and nothing else.
I have to mention that I also have a stricture at the terminal ileum. Would the stricture cause me to much trouble if I'm going to get pregnant this year?

I'm thinking to try for a baby again this year. Has anyone else with Crohn gone through an IVF? What types of medications were safe?

thanks,