• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A question About when starting LDN

Hi All,
I am going to speak with my daughter's doctor tomorrow about LDN. She is 14 yo with severe crohns . My question is she is on Entocort right now. She has been on it for about 3 weeks. Should we continue to wean her off. or should we leave her on a low dose when starting the LDN and then wean her off once it kicks in? She was put on the entocort to try to keep her crohns in check while starting remicade (which was a disaster. She had a severe allergic reaction to it). WHat do you all think from your experience with LDN?

Don't know about Entocort but our 11yr old daughter was on 40mg of pred when she started LDN over 13 weeks ago but did not get much benifit from LDN until she was at 10mg of pred.

She is on 3mg and we rotate 1nite transdermal cream and the other nite liquid and might go to liquid soon since her system is absorbing now. Started with the cream because she was in such bad shape.