• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Twelve months on

I had my first consultation of 2012 with my Consultant today and he concluded that I'm almost completely healed.

He literally exclaimed 'gosh!' as he was examining me :rof:

It's taken a whole year, but I'm finally in a place where my health is no longer effecting my quality of life. He said it's likely the granulation tissue will continue to fill in, and for the moment I won't be having any more treatment, but I'm to go back and see him in 6 weeks.

I asked him if I could have a bubble bath (a bubble bath, candles and classic fm - I haven't been able to indulge like that in a whole year!) and he said he was sure it would be fine but to wait the 6 weeks for my second appointment if I could. I'm going to celebrate with the most luxurious bath ever as soon as he gives me the green light!

It's been a relatively long road to recovery, one that's seemed pretty hopeless at times, but I'm finally happy with my body and I can't wait to start living my life like a normal 24 year old again.

Thank you Infliximab, you are my miracle drug.

Hannah

CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the good work! I was able to get rid of mine (no sign in second colonoscopy) and am confident that if I am diligent with foods the inflammation and disease will not return. Be careful with what you eat and drink! It is SOOO not worth it returning (as you know)!

Enjoy your youth and good health! Perhaps this was only a warning sign...

Angrybird

:dance: Wahoo! Long may this continue!!! I so get where you are coming from with the bath, after my op I couldn't wait to have a nice long soak with a good book. In preperation get some Fengal bath stuff - it doesn't create bubbles but smells delish and leaves a nice sheen on your skin afterwards :)

Tesscorm

Staff member
:medal1: Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you're doing well!

Hope it continues for a long, long, long time!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am so happy for you, Hannah!

I hope you continue to feel so well and can soon enjoy baths whenever you want!