• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pray for the nurse that eventually returns my call. She is gunna get it.

pray for the nurse that eventually returns my call. She is gunna get it.

So December 22nd (thursday) i went in for what was supposed to be my third remi treatment but long story short i had an allergic reaction (a bad one) stopped breathing turned bright red :strawberry: < like this strawberry and throwing up they had to give me a few shots to get everything back to normal (made me drowsy) then my dr came in and said well remi isnt worth the risk at this point so i would like a small bowel series to see how much scar tissue you have and then if its less than a foot i would like to do a resection to start with a clean slate because without a biologic i dont see how this partial obstruction will keep from completly obstructing, so go get the series then we will have a follow up and go from there.

So i call the hospital schedule my series for Tuesday January 3rd. Then i started thinking "when do i schedule my follow up? do i schedule right after the series or do they call me when they get the results or what?"

So i call my drs office of course i end up talking to some nurse who has no idea who i am or what i have been going through and shes all "well i guess it depends on the series when you would follow up." so i say umm ok that doesnt answer my question are you going to call me or do i need to schedule in advance" we ran in circles like this for 10 minutes and finally i gave up and thought to myself eff it, ill call back after the series, talk to someone with a brain and find out what i need to do...

i went in and they had me drink the fluid the 1 hour test turned into 3 hours before it was able to make it past the terminal ilium (where my obstruction is) the Dr. who did this test said he saw 3-5 inches on scar tissue but that that area was not looking so hot so expect a call from my dr soon. So i had my hopes up thinking YAY only 3-5 inches not bad not bad at all i can handle loosing 3-5 inches. so i waited by the phone thinking my dr would want to get it out ASAP since we all know its just progressing away in there but NO of course nobody calls me on tuesday so wednesday i wait until lunch STILL NO CALL. so i called them left a voicemail please call me back blah blah blah Thursday roles around STILL NO CALL. so i call AGAIN :ymad: and leave another voicemail (still being nice) please call me blah blah i need more pain pills too blah blah. what do you know 4pm i get a call back from becky (i dont even like her name)

She gets on the phone and she says "what can i help you with" REALLY??? did you not listen to my effing voicemails you dumb dumb lady

but instead of telling her what i was thinking i tell her what i need and she tells me that Dr. Hamat hasnt even looked at my series that she needs to go pull my medical records have him look them over and call me back. So i let her know that im upset that he hasnt even looked at them so she better do it quick, then i ask well what about my refill i take two a day one with breakfast one with lunch and they only give me 20 per script so i have to call every 9-10 days to ask for more.... its annoying. She says "well lets see whats going on first before we give you more pain medication"

I lost it... i told her what the hell do you mean what going on????? i have had blood work CT scans MRI ultrasounds a colonoscopy and they ALL pointed to crohns i have been OFFICIALLY diagnosed this series was for surgery purposes ONLY so dont tell me you dont know whats going on. take a look at my chart and read a little bit before you pick up the phone and piss me off!!!:angry-banghead: I may be 21 and look like a normal happy young adult but news flash i am a 21 year old single mother with two full time jobs and crohns disease and i have been pushed about as far as i can be pushed and still have a stable mind. I live in the bathroom i cry myself to sleep and sometimes i think the pain is so much i may blackout so i dont think 2 pain pills are too much to ask for and would it kill you to get my series infront of my dr so that he will know "whats going on"

Mind you that was at 4pm yesterday ... its 10:30AM friday now and i havnt heard from ANYONE else, so for all i know my dr still doesnt know i had my series and that i need more meds.

If they dont call me before lunch they are going to have one out of control patient in the lobby (not using her inside voice) until im looking Dr hamat in the eye (without paying my co-pay) to tell him how ridiculous i think his staff has been.

Angrybird

What a twat!!! Was she trying for the dumbest bitch of the year already? How do these people even get to the stage of being allowed near patients as a medical 'professional'. I agree about going to the office and go nuclear in their butts. Please let us know how you get on - sending hugs and lots of 'go get em' your way :hug:

Update.

I went to the office (they have three locations) and what do you know.... the Drs. were ALL at other locations they were only open for blood work and CT scans but i told one of the nurses breifly what i was so upset about (in tears close to hyperventilation) and she called my new nurse (yup the dumb dumb lady is now my new nurse... yay) they had me wait 15 minutes so that this stupid nurse could go pull my series (which she still had not shown my dr.) when he FINALLY looked them over she called me and said she called in my refill and scheduled an appointment for Monday (today @ 2)

I plan on calmy explaining how upset this all made me to him and that if stress is the root of all the IBD problems they should try harder to relieve their patients of stress not prevoke it. Im also going to tell him if him and his staff are too busy to take care of me and my issues that i will be glad to find another dr. but that i picked him for good reason because he is knowledgeable/ competent but being good at what you do will do me NO good if you ignore me.

Wish me luck!

&& thank you for backing me up guys!

You have got to be kidding me. A nurse i actually know and like called to ask where my small bowel series was done at because she doesnt have the results and needs to call over and get them.

I guess the new girl thought she could pull a fast one over on me. This was the last straw im pretty sure i will be switching drs asap