• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Impatient

impatient

I was nervous about surgery, still am a little, but am finding that I am becoming impatient and ready to get this done and over and get back to life. I know there is nothing I can do but wait but man I am not good at not doing anything :D
I am set up with the hospital, stalked my doctor with questions, prepared home and husband for what is to come, got everything set up with work, so really nothing else left to do but annoy everyone. How do you keep from going nuts the last few days?

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sounds familiar with all of us "wanting to be back to normal". Wish I had some answers for you. Good Luck:) Please let us know how you're doing afterwards!

Angrybird

Reading! Lot and lots of reading. This helped take my mind off things when not at work. I also did all the washing (including towels and bed sheets) and cleaning a couple of days beforehand so hubby didn't have lots to do and could fully concentrate on me :)

Thank you for the suggestions. I find I while I adore reading I have not been able to get into anything. I have been trying to make sure the house is 100% so the hubby doesn't have anything extra to deal with besides exercising the dogs. Trying to spend time with dogs, but more cuddle time as my energy level is not there:( My husband did pick me up a puzzle though and that seemed to distract my brain for a few hours last night. That may be the way to go. Thank you again for the suggestions...just a few more days to fill.

Terriernut

Akpatti...dogs KNOW. Talk to them and tell them whats going on. Dont think I'm a nutter...I'm not. Tell them what their jobs are while you are gone. Tell them they cant jump on you when you come back. (i know you train dogs dont you...so you know what I'm going on about)

I found the ENTIRE series of Harry Potter books kept me occupied. And no, thats not my thing..but there it is...I'm now a complete convert!

Pantry stocked with foods...FOR YOU!!?? Salt for the walks? (cold as a witches tit up there) All bills set up for direct debit?

How about YOU for afterwards....massage? Aromatherapy??? Candles?? A way to get easily out of shower or bathtub?

Did you pack all your moisturizer? You'll need it...hospitals are hot and dry as hell!

don't think your a nutter ...I talk to them all the time. Salt for walks? It is about 20 degrees so I will be bundling up. He said I could start walking after the first week home and jogging the second if everything goes according to plan...I have a trial a 5 weeks after surgery and want to be back in shape to run the girls:) I do have a plan b, another handler to run the dogs just in case.
grocery shopping is done my doc said that I should be pretty much back to a regular diet when I am discharged. Hope he is right:)