• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Love my family

love my family

As some of you may know I have been feeling really down and really rather unwell recently.
Well yesterday my hubby bought me a Motorola XOOM tablet to play on and today my Mum took me shopping in town.
I was totoo poorly to go before xmas and so she didn't get me anything for xmas, not that I was bothered, so we went in today for an hour.
In anticipation of me having to possibly have a surgery of some sort this year we went to where she works, m&s, and went a bit mad in the sales!!
Got some lovely long night shirts and cotton bottoms as well. Also got some vest tops with bra supports in them.
Will use this stuff even if I don't need to go into hospital so nothing bought that wont be used.
Am very tired now but enjoyed my hour in town doing some retail therapy

Jessi

Shopping is the number 2 therapy for a bad day... just behind chocolate.

I am so glad that you got to have fun with your Mum. And what a thoughtful gift from your hubby. :hug:

I am also blessed with caring family members. What would this IBD world be like w/out them???

I would not last as long as I have without them.
Just joined Netflix for movies.
My youngest has discovered Angrybirds game as well.
Great fun.
Xxxx

Jessi

We get Netflix, too. And Blockbuster in the mail. And Gamefly in the mail.

(My hubby is quite the addict.)

Lol.
We get Lovefilm by post.
But wanted to be able to watch films on my tablet as well.
Netflix has only launched here today. Doing a months free trial to see how it goes.

I do love my movies!
Will have a proper look around it tomorrow.
Very excited about it. Can you tell I don't get out much?!
Xx

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sounds like you've had quite the day:) I love going shopping with my Mom too! Adds quite a bit of giggles and sometimes a little bit of mischief too. Oops. Did I say that? All us girls need a girls day out once in awhile. Take care.

I used to love going shopping at least once a month before I got really ill.
Can only manage an hour now but did really enjoy it.
Xxxxx

Jessi

I used to love shopping so much more too. I think I have a problem with over-stimulation now. I look around at the racks, and I start getting really dizzy. I'd much rather have somebody grab things off the racks for me to try on. It makes it so much easier to have somebody with good taste do it for me. :)

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I love shopping too! Jessi, if you get overwhelmed when shopping, or Shazz if you only have an hour or so, just do what I do - head for the nearest clearance rack! :) I love a good bargain and I hate paying full price.

I am not a big fan of shopping, unless it is online. But I'm glad you got some retail therapy in and have such an amazing family to help you out.

I'd be lost without Netflix, as we don't have cable, so I only get the over the air channels. I like to watch TV shows, as they are shorter, so I don't need to pay too much attention.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Forgot to mention...depending on where we are shopping Mom and I both use the restrooms. Even if we're not sure if we really need to go. Then later, we decide if we really want to use that fast food place or store again between what the offer and their restrooms on top of it...

I always head straight for the sale racks.
Plus where my Mum works she gets discount on top so even better value.
Am loving Netfix. Am defo going to sign up for the monthly contract. Its so much better than anything else we get here.
Spoilt for choice. I like the fact that I can start and stop when I want to and can have more than 1 film/program on the go.
Sometimes I feel like a film, comedy or thriller, other times I want to watch a tv program.
Its great!!!!