• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm scared, is this normal?

I have been on prednisone since early December, and I took my last pill yesterday that was 5 mg. I'm done now! BUT, i've noticed that everytime i wean off of this nasty drug, I feel terrible, gassy, tired, nauseated, chills, then sweating bad, fevers. Is all of this normal? It seems like this happens when I drop the dosage. Today I woke up extremely exhausted, chilling, fever, nauseated and my anxiety level is through the roof! I have bursted out into tears so many times today and I just can't stop having all of these episodes. I'm so frustrated!:stinks:

KWalker

Hmm, I would almost wonder (as dumb as it may sound) if your body could be going through withdrawals. How long have you been on prednisone?

I notice everytime the day after I take the last pill I get a fever and I start flaring (blood shows up) when I hit 10 mgs.

Jessi

Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of people say that they have problems after ending pred. Are you on any anti-anxiety medications?

That happened to me and my doctor put my dosage right back up. It could be one of two things. one, you tapered too quickly. my GI had me go down 5mg every week . two, you are still in a flare and the steroids were the only thing helping you. you may have to try other medications. Good luck and i hope you figure it out, but for sure talk to your GI

I woke up early this morning with a fever of 102.4 and chilling and everything, no potty issues though just some gas and gurgling at times. This is strange. I put a call into the GI and I'm waiting to hear back.