• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

SO thankful for remicade!

i have recently gone on remicade and have had 2 infusions. I havent felt this great in a year! no cramping and i actually gained weight. so glad i have gone on this drug! just thought i would share

That's awesome news thanks for sharing :D I just took what I think was my 7th remicade infusion, second infusion at the 500mg dose and it's finally working for me as well. Here's a virtual *high five* from a fellow remicade user haha

Jessi

Really great news! I'm happy that it's working for you... and so quickly!!!

:congratualtions:

It has truly been a blessing to get mostly my life back! It's been so long I had forgotten what normal felt like!! I hope this lasts for a long while:)

Probably insurance. I'm currently waiting on my insurance to get their heads out of their butts and approve it for me. I hope it works as well for me!

Jessi

Remi-Start helps the insured peeps.

People without insurance can still get it through J&J financial help.

my mom has insurance through her teaching job. its kinda weird, we dont even pay a co-pay. i hope you can all find an insurance plan or something to pay for it or help at least...it couldnt be THAT expensive?

I'm into my 4th week of the second infusion and feel like I have gone backwards badly more pain gas cramping and hard too have a BM hope the 6th week one helps as its the loading dose

It has truly been a blessing to get mostly my life back! It's been so long I had forgotten what normal felt like!! I hope this lasts for a long while:)
:) I remember this moment as well when the Remicade first kicked in for me - beautiful. So happy for you!

Oh, and yes, it's a very expensive medication.