• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question for Cimzia users

Hi

I am currently in the middle of the induction phase of Cimzia and it seems that my pain has actually increased since starting therapy. I am not sure if this is a normal response or not. I have crohns in the terminal ileum and I experience a lot of back and side pain during a flare. My last hospital admission was in Nov and the ct showed no active imflammation by my CRP was elevated. I started Cimzia the end of Dec. Has anyone else experienced this with Cimzia and if so, how long did the pain last?

I had a rough start on Cimzia. I experienced alot of side effects that lasted a few months. Then every thing started to improve. I had headaches, mouth sores, stomach cramps but I did notice right away that my energy was much better and alot of the pains in my joints improved right away. I hope you are doing better and that Cimzia works for you. I have been on it over two years now and its still making my life alot better.

Good luck.