• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Metoclopramide Hydrochloride (Elitan)

I have been asked to try Metoclopramide Hydrochloride (Elitan) for my stomach problems. It help the food to move down the route more smoothly it seems. I was getting lots of indigestion and burbs and pain in the chest. It has helped but I'm a bit scared of it as it can have serious side effects it seems. has anyone else tries them and did they help..or cause any side effects?:sign0085:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Matt was taking Maxalon (Metoclopramide) as needed prior to surgery last year. It certainly helped with the nausea he was experiencing and he had no side effects.

In my line of work I have seen people prescribed Maxolon on a regular basis, three times a day, for lengthy periods with no ill effects.

Dusty. xxx