• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Samples

I just wanted to thank you for the idea to get in touch with other companies and get samples of wafers and bags. I can't believe that something so simple has solved my leak problems for the last two weeks. I also am using the narrow belt and it is awesome. I ordered a wider belt too, but I haven't used it yet. I am due for surgery on Feb 6 to remove the rectal stump. I hope this will be the end of my problems. I did not know that Crohn's disease is the number one cause of colon and rectal cancer. I just hope that a cure is found in my lifetime because my daughter has Crohns and it is heartbreaking for me to know how debilitating this disease is. I am beginning to believe that this disease is hereditary because all the adult females in my immediate family have stomach problems.

Again, thank you for the information. God bless each one of you.

Hey DJ---perhaps your daughter's Crohn's process will be totally different than yours---it varies in all of us! Try not to worry--yeah easier said than done for sure. Sorry. Yes, there is a great risk of colon/rectal cancer in those of us that have frequent flares--causes cellular changes and mutations I've been told. I'm 4 1/2 weeks out now from colon/rectal removal with ileostomy. I tell ya, I am so relieved. 3 physicians involved in my case were astounded that I wasn't full of colon cancer---it's been a 12 year battle. When I had a colonoscopy in October--my surgeon could only get thru half of the colon--he couldn't get the scope thru the rest due to severe inflammation and risk of perforation. I'm so glad that I can say I will never have another colonoscopy again! YES! I have also been calling every company that I can find for samples--they have all been gracious and very helpful, and I'm glad that you are doing the same. Best of luck to you--prayers for your daughter. :hang: Dana

Thank you and I will pray for you as well. When I went to tlak to my surgeon in October, he could not even do a rectal exam..it was too painful. I am looking forward to no more flares, and no more leakage from the rectum. I am really glad to be like I am today and I am so thakful to all the woderful doctors that I have had in the past. I have battled problems since I was 20..am now 61. It is so awesome to go out and not make made dashes to the restrooms. I really am glad I found this website. It is nice to talk to people who have been there..done that. Take care and thanks again.