• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

FYI ~ Hospital update!!!!! And a big THANK YOU for your guys support

Update; so I had a colonoscopy today to see exactly what my crohn's has been doing, it's crappy (literally) but they are managing my pain, vomiting and dehydration. All positive things have happened today. The hospital even made me a birthday cake!!! My mother inlaw brought my son up and I was able to spend much needed time with him!! I must say that the Doctors, Nurses and other staff at Naples Commmunity Hospital have been amazing, supportive and on the ball! I could not ask for more today. I am still pooing blood and vomiting blood but things are on the up and up! I'm also thankful for this forum and everyone's support, I love you guys!!!!!!

:hug: Glad you're having a positive experience and getting much needed care Nell-hopefully you'll have some answers soon!

You just keep hanging in there, and you'll be outta there in no time!:)

:hug: Glad you're having a positive experience and getting much needed care Nell-hopefully you'll have some answers soon!

You just keep hanging in there, and you'll be outta there in no time!:)
Thank you! I am so pleased with my care at this point, god knows it doesn't always go that way. I am one thankful girl right now.

ekay03

My dog has hands!
That is so nice of them to bring you a birthday cake! I am glad your hospital stay is going as well as a hospital stay can!

That is so nice of them to bring you a birthday cake! I am glad your hospital stay is going as well as a hospital stay can!
You are right! Staying in the hospital is never a pleasure but they helped my positivity, they have been wonderful. They sang happy birthday and then pulled out the cake!! It brightened my day that's for sure.

Happy birthday honey, it's not nice being in hospital at anytime especially away from your son but it sounds like they are really looking after you. Hope they get things back on track asap so you can celebrate at home with your family.
Gwen xxx

sawdust

You are right! Staying in the hospital is never a pleasure but they helped my positivity, they have been wonderful. They sang happy birthday and then pulled out the cake!! It brightened my day that's for sure.
In my experience, it's all about how you treat the nurses. Maybe it's a macho guy thing, but my "roommates" always seem to be kind of jerks, where I always try to follow the golden rule. Yes, I'm miserable, in pain, hungry, etc, etc, but besides the fact that I'd feel like a schmuck saying nasty things to the nurses, they like to care for you if you're nice. :p That's really nice that they did that for you.

In my experience, it's all about how you treat the nurses. Maybe it's a macho guy thing, but my "roommates" always seem to be kind of jerks, where I always try to follow the golden rule. Yes, I'm miserable, in pain, hungry, etc, etc, but besides the fact that I'd feel like a schmuck saying nasty things to the nurses, they like to care for you if you're nice. :p That's really nice that they did that for you.
You are completely right!!! I have had the best nurses anyone could ask for! Hurting, hungry or just plain miserable I do not have it in me to be mean to anyone, especially when it comes to the people with my health in their hands. don't get me wrong I have had some really crappy nurses before and I always kill it with kindness. I'm hoping to get out of here today... We will see begging only goes so far. LOL

Aw am glad you have had a good day hun.
Fab about the cake!
Hopefully they can get you sorted and home with your family.

Xxxxxxx

I get to go home!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I can't wait to see my baby boy and get some smooches and cuddle time in. I'm doing better and hoping it continues to go in a positive, healthy way! Alls I can say is YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!

Home time.

So happy for you hun. Take it easy for a while but enjoy.

Don't forget your second birthday!

Big hugs Xxxxxxx

Thanks shazz and I'm totally doing a second birthday!!! My husband has also surprised me with a trip to cabo (Mexico) in February! He just told me. I'm so ready for a break!!