• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Venting scared :(

maria

I love you God.
I feel so alone right now. My colon hurts so bad and it's bleeding like crazy. I know me going to the er will do me no good.. But I just get so scared when I get like this.. I'm scared one of these times its not gonna stop bleeding. Today I felt so sick and extremely tired and I'm really worried. I just wish the pain would go away I'm getting so tired of it. The hope is fading..I'm just worried because I have 4 kids..hmm I dont know what to do anymore.:frown:

U poor thing!! I think lots of us have been there. I've usually gone to ER (a&E in the uk) anyway when getting lots of bleeding just in case it's something serious. They're usually very nice and can give u some reassurance and drugs like Pred if req'd.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Maria - can you afford NOT to go?...if you are feeling weak - it could be due to loss of blood....remember you only have so much in your body - and if you get to a certain point there may be no recovering from the loss - or it may end up as a LONG hospitalization....

I don't want to sound overly dramatic - but if you have active bleeding, the ER should NOT just discharge you - if itis obvious/gross blood that is occuring you probably should be admitted for further treatment.

I don't remember - are you on any medications right now? If not, you SHOULD BE - at least call a doctor and talk to them.....remember - you have 4 kids who are depending on you being there for them!!!!!!

maria

I love you God.
Thank you guys very much. I have been there before when it gets this bad. They just dont know what to do with me. You know when you get to the point of tired of explaining yourself over and over and deal with the hassle of it only to be poked and prodded and them sticking stuff up my butt. I'm just tired now. My dr knows and he has yet to do a thing about it. I even showed him my blood. I can drop at least a quarter of a cup to a cup pretty much on call. Sometimes like last night it was just everywhere and it wouldnt stop. I couldnt sit on my butt it hurt pretty bad. Def a rough night last night. I do have insurance but only covers very few things.