• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Here to help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I had severe Gastritis develop a few years ago, caused by medication that was administered to me in a hospital after going in for breathing problems. Not being able to diagnose my fractured rib, they decided it was an abdominal problem and put me on PPIs which ended up giving me gastritis. I suffered badly for a year and each time I'd go in, they'd increase my dosage of the PPIs which ofcourse just made me worse. I then got to the point where I couldn't eat or drink water and was rushed to the emergency. The idiots, despite me telling them I didn't have this problem before the breathing issue and that the PPIs was the cause of it all, they started injecting me with the stuff and of course, I got worse still. I was frail and basically scared for my life. I ended up leaving the hospital against their advice and took matters into my own hands. Even my GP, who I went to asking for a lower dose of the PPIs (you shouldn't come off them at once) insisted that I should have a higher dose. After finding out that Nexium gives these doctors huge benefits such as holidays etc for prescribing it, I then understood why these doctors were adamant that I take it. They had no interest in my health, only interest in the perks offered by Nexium. I did some research and knew I needed to get off the PPIs but every time I tried it burnt me like hell. I decided to visit a naturopath who I knew and had cured a friend of cancer. She was great and really helped me but was sooooo expensive... about $3000 a month. I left her after a few months with the knowlege I had from her and bought my own supplements at a reasonable price and slowly healed myself. It took me a year but I got there. I'm generally a very healthy, fit person who eats extremely well and have been practicing a form of natural hygeine for years. So here I am to help others suffering with any inflammatory bowel disorders. Not many people can afford naturopaths and docters are somewhat useless these days so I came here via a link from the yogaforums to see if I can help others who are trying to go the natural route.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Aviatrix79,

Thank you for taking time to offer your knowledge to us.

We have a forum dedicated for the discussion of Diet, Fitness and Supplements where I am sure your knowledge can be of assistance to many members.

Looking forward to learning more from you!

Thanks Mike, I already posted there and I'll be back later tonight to check out some more threads to pass on any information that is relevant. Cheers!

Well well well. I'm affraid I won't be able to help anyone here because according to David, the admin, as noted on Yogaforums dot com, I won't be able to post anything without references to anything I type lol. He said he wants references to protect you all lol. I don't think so! Pretty difficult to give references when I gained my knowledge from a naturopath. So that's the end of that. I could have helped thousands FOR FREE but your admin here has his head up you know where :)

Sorry I can't help.

Bye and good luck.

Goodness, what an arrogant and conceited person! She gives a bad name to Yoga.

I am always deeply concerned when someone with a condition such as gastritis (or perhaps a food allergy) thinks that I.B.D. is a similar sort of condition. This is a sign of complete lack of understanding.

And David, how dare you suggest that she have actual evidence to support her claims!
; )

Status
Not open for further replies.