• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Minor surgery while on Remi?

My dermatologist just called and a mole she biopsied is pre-cancerous. I'm going Tuesday to get it cut out and stitched up. It's no big deal, but I just had an infusion today. Any precautions I should take?

Don't get sick.

Just kidding! Just the usual when you are on an immunosuppressant. I had a bowel resection in October, not a minor surgery. We scheduled it so that I was in between two doses, one 4 wks before surgery & the next came 4 wks after surgery. I had no complications. I think it's more about how healthy you are going in, because it speeds recovery time. It sounds like you are having an outpatient procedure, so you shouldn't have any troubles regarding the Remicade.

I wouldn't have thought having a mole removed should be an issue as it is a 'clean' procedure. Just look after your wound.

I had my first infusion on a friday and the follwoing Thursday I had a major surgery on my broken leg.

Had 4 different doctors watching me for infections. It all went very very well nothing at all went wrong.

So I wouldnot worry to much. :)

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I've had multiple cuts, scratches, some biopsies taken.....all no big deal - like others said, just make sure you take care of hte wound after and keep an eye out for any signs of infection.