• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help on crohns

Hi everyone in crohns who have crohns also know how suffer and pain have to pass thru sometimes the pain come but can't find the reason in us country they will gave remicade or humira to remission but I stay in Singapore in here they don't give at all just keep ask to take steroids I been taking from last year September till now still taking my body gain a lot weight and other side effect on 10-01-2012 I was admitted in hospital tat pain my intestines going blust out so I ask for jab doctor not allow and just ask control then I can't control soo knock my head then they give morphine then fall aslp the pain still there next day team doctor come and check on me ask where the pain arrange to do ct-scan before tat they ask me to clear bowel keep give medicine to clear after ct scan say maybe need to operate so arrange other scan again endoscopy coloscopy MRI and some more but dont know call what in hospital everyday clear bowel till bleeding for a week they don't allow eat and drink never on drip till MRI they say nothing inside just some inflammation but still ask to clear bowel and keep take blood test one day suddenly I feel very sick weak giddy tiredness breathless fever so take test again after half hr nurse bring drip tell me in one hour must finish this potassium do you think can how pain is tat I ever try my potassium drop till 2.1 my Bp drop too doctor never care when start bleeding they don't do anything unroll problem come then start on the days very suffering go there is not for healing is go there let doctor torture till die then when potassium up to 2.8 they ask go home after back home my pain still there at least not so bad but my body still weak when do some cooking or walk feel very tired and slpy I want to know what cos it do you have the pain like me and why crohns have to suffer of pain how long the pain will come when pain what should I do crohns life can last how long isn't when the end our intestine will blust till die I don't scare die just scare blust die anyone with crohns can work with stress pain I try to work but one week my pain come can't even stand up so in USA or other country of ppl who suffer crohns did you work as normal .... Anyone reply I thks a lot also hope can teach me more about crohns I have a lot want ask but don't know how to written down here.... Now taking azathprine one an half steroid 5 in a day OxyContin twice a day 20 mg vitamin d one in morning remedica twice in the nite

ekay03

My dog has hands!
Hi Irene. How long have you been on azathprine? I takes about 6 weeks to work. I am one of the lucky people and I dont have to work. A lot of people with cronhs do work.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Irene,

Do you know where your Crohn's located?

Humira and Remicade are available in Singapore. Is it government funded and you therefore have to meet some sort of criteria to receive it?

The treatment regime you are currently on is pretty standard in Australia too, well it was for my kids. They were too young to work before they went into remission but whilst flaring it certainly affected their ability to attend school and as a result they had many absences.

Dusty. xxx

Hi Irene, yes I worked for a natural gas distribution company, ran jack hammer, ditch digger, truck driver, backhoe operator, it was very hard when the symptoms started I knew just about every bathroom in town I could get to quickly, I am retired now but I feel for everyone that has to work with this illness, I hope things get better.

Hi ekay03 I been taking azathprine since 22 year old till now at age 22 I take azathprine pentasa steroids then on 2006 my small intestine going blust so I have operate 8 cm after tat take back the same medicine. In 2007 my intestine flare back doc stop pentasa becos can't in use on me so doctor give me remicade once a month I jab for three times only is becos I can't afford by the way I transfer to government hospital gas doctor just give azathprine then 2008 flare up again addmit they give same medicine after discharge no pain but this year the pain flare up the problem is every medicine I take all come out never absolve in my body

But when pain comes how to work? In Singapore we can't take leave everytimes even now I pain dont say take thing or walk can't even continues when pain come my body already kneel down the pain is so terrible I hope doctor can give me the jap so at least can heal for year I don't want every three or four year flare up cos I have a son and mother to take care my husband and me is divorce now