• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starter kit question

nogutsnoglory

My kit says to take the second part of the starter on day 15. Does this include the starting day since it was that morning? I know maintenance is every 2 weeks but I just don't want to mess up and do 14 days and not 15 if they specify it.

suschex

Suzanne
Approval for 14 days? I just went by my GI's directions when he was starting me on Humira in November.

I realize now that some people take it weekly, some every 10 days, some 14 days, etc...also, I had to skip my last dose due to Strep Throat. I saw my GI the day after my Strep test and he said hold off until you feel better or until you finish your antibiotics, whichever comes first...all of these things make me believe that although it is very important to follow directions, 12 hours or 24 hours sooner or later isn't really that big of a deal.

I am not a doctor, this is just my experience and my opinion. If in doubt, I would always check with my GI.

I hope the Humira works for you quickly nogutsnoglory!!!

Suzanne

nogutsnoglory

I am on antibiotics right now for sinus infection but the doctor said nothing about getting off Humira. I will be done with the course by my next injection.

suschex

Suzanne
I am on antibiotics right now for sinus infection but the doctor said nothing about getting off Humira. I will be done with the course by my next injection.
I had strep 6 weeks ago and had taken my injection just the night before I had the strep test come out positive and I was fine. This time I was to take the injection the night I came down with strep so doc said to wait.

If you are concerned, give your GI a call...that's what they are there for and in the beginning they know we have a lot of concerns...lord knows I have mine on speed dial...I am sure they just love me...LOL!

To make it easier just think: if you did the first 4 on a Monday, do the next 2 on the Monday two weeks later, and then every 2 weeks on Monday.
14.5 days or whatever won't make a difference! Just try to always stick to the same weekday.