• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Would someone help/advice me

Im 19 male and for about 2 weeks I have had runny lumpy poo
There is no blood
Im not in any pain
My stomach area seems to make more bubbling noises, like there too much air there.
I get an urge to go, but this only happens now and again
the poo is sloppy, but seems to be hold together just but is very soft.
There is no crohns disease in my family
There is no cancer in my family
I have been eating more healthier and eating more fiber stuff like, banana, apple, grapes, peas etc
I have been having a yakult daily
I have been drinking more water
I feel fine in myself
I feel in the best shape ive been in for years
What could this be?
Im abit nervous of what it could be really, and just what some advice/help what it could be,
What can I do to try and make my poo harden up?
I WILL GO TO THE DOCTORS.

Trysha

Staff member
Hi Venny,
It can be difficult to know what is the cause of your diarrhea and associated symptoms without you having some tests.
It could be caused by unbalance in your diet, or you may have a bacterial or virus infection., allergies, besides being something like IBS or IBD.
Differential tests run by your doctor can help to establish the cause and find a solution.
You don't mention if you had a fever or any weight loss.
Your doctor will establish the parameters and treat you as needed depending on diagnosis.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Hi Venny,
It can be difficult to know what is the cause of your diarrhea and associated symptoms without you having some tests.
It could be caused by unbalance in your diet, or you may have a bacterial or virus infection., allergies, besides being something like IBS or IBD.
Differential tests run by your doctor can help to establish the cause and find a solution.
You don't mention if you had a fever or any weight loss.
Your doctor will establish the parameters and treat you as needed depending on diagnosis.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha
Thanks, no fever, or sickness, over about the past 2 weeks ive lost 2 pound. However, I had my haircut, which was coming close to my shoulders just below my ears, and Ive been walking abit more

Hello! Just a thought... but you say you have increased your fibre intake?
I have found that makes my diarrhoea worse.. just a thought maybe you could cut that down slightly?
When i was on the low residue diet,it worked wonders! (this should only be temporary)
And im not telling u to go on the low res diet, just eat less fibre rich foods and see if it makes a difference

let us know how you get on at the doctors :)

Hello! Just a thought... but you say you have increased your fibre intake?
I have found that makes my diarrhoea worse.. just a thought maybe you could cut that down slightly?
When i was on the low residue diet,it worked wonders! (this should only be temporary)
And im not telling u to go on the low res diet, just eat less fibre rich foods and see if it makes a difference

let us know how you get on at the doctors :)
I have really just ate one or two more piece of fruit really, and just kept everything else normal, I will do, itll probably be Monday when I go, as I phoned up today and said they were booked up today and tomorrow. Really I just want something that makes it more solid lol :ybiggrin:

haha, just to let you know, i hardly eat any fruit.. and i dont eat much veg!
but it made a difference for me, i can tolerate a bit of fibre, but too much and you get the picture.

haha, just to let you know, i hardly eat any fruit.. and i dont eat much veg!
but it made a difference for me, i can tolerate a bit of fibre, but too much and you get the picture.
Before, I didnt really eat much fruit, mainly in the summer when we'd have strawberrys, but other than that, I might have 1 or 2 pieces like an apple or banana a year. Veg, Id normally have some sort of veg everyday.

Ill tell the Doctor about changing in eating and stuff like that when I go, hopefully, Ill get an app asap.

Other than what Ive said, i feel the best Ive felt for sometime, been aving good night sleeps as well :)

Angrybird

Hi there, keep us updated on what the doc says. It could be the fact even though it's not lots you have been eating more fibrous foods.....something a lot of us here have to avoid in spades. I hope all goes well and can be quickly sorted for you :)

Hi there, keep us updated on what the doc says. It could be the fact even though it's not lots you have been eating more fibrous foods.....something a lot of us here have to avoid in spades. I hope all goes well and can be quickly sorted for you :)
Thanks, will do, I had the same problem last June/July time I think, Had it for four weeks, and it cleared up on its own, went to drs after 2 weeks n he said, he thought it was a stomach infection and would clear up or improve, so went ack a week later and I said that I had improved so. If it is im on the better side of the hill all being well.

THANKS GUYS, YOUVE PUT MY MIND AT EASE, YOUVE ALL BEEN VERY KIND, THANK YOU:rosette2: WISH YOU ALL HEALTH FOR THE FUTURE

Went toilet today, and same again, but felt like I had too much wind, but cant do anything about it, ieburp or trump, went toilet again, still the same but after, It felt that it went into a sausage shape, looked down and it was soft, but then i thought, if it was soft, it would just give up on impact so, I might be on the mend, plus I felt better after I went, hope every one else is ok
PEACE

Angrybird

Not to bad thank you :) totally ready for the weekend though. Supposed to get more snow here tonight :( If you are now back on a less fibrous diet it may still take a few days for tummy to fully settle down... hope things get even better over the weekend for you.

Not to bad thank you :) totally ready for the weekend though. Supposed to get more snow here tonight :( If you are now back on a less fibrous diet it may still take a few days for tummy to fully settle down... hope things get even better over the weekend for you.
Me to, weve had abit of snow, but didnt settle, a soon as it hit the ground it melted :( The ice is bad though, walked up town today, normally takes 10mins, took me 20mins. Im just eating normally, what my parents and brother having :) have a nice weekend :)

Hi
If you are really worried have the doc check you out, but i seriously doubt you have anything sinister going on. Sounds like a bit of a dicky tum, which everyone has now and again. Regarding fibre - to firm things up eat soluble fibres like porridge, bananas etc and avoid non soluble eg citrus fruits and green leafy veg. Google 'fibre' for more comprehensive list. And stop worrying!

Hi
If you are really worried have the doc check you out, but i seriously doubt you have anything sinister going on. Sounds like a bit of a dicky tum, which everyone has now and again. Regarding fibre - to firm things up eat soluble fibres like porridge, bananas etc and avoid non soluble eg citrus fruits and green leafy veg. Google 'fibre' for more comprehensive list. And stop worrying!
Thanks Ive been eating 1 banana each day. @:)

Today, not back to normal, went first, about 1inch- 1 1/2 inch long, soft, but hit water and didnt break up. Went again smaller inch size down, but hit water and didnt break up and soft. Did some stretching and I think ive pulled some around my stomach area.. .. thats my luck lol. Ate more normal yesterday as well :) and today ate normally. Well got to go and work now, hope everyones cool

Peace

Not that bad, ate everything my family have been having and no pain, just soft lumps. BUT I have pulled something on my right hand side around my lower rib cage area, I felt it go :/ and to top it off Ive hurt my back as well :/ lol at least ive got a week off

went once yesterday, not together, but almost, no pain or discomfort, thought great, today woke up fine. Went once, abit softer. Feels like I have got alot of gas. Started eating everything te family as been eating. see how I am tomorrow, Hope everyone else is cool.

Last night, spent around 30mins on toilet, :/ think ive pulled something. Was in a little bit of discomfort but after I finished at the toilet I was ok around 10mins after. Todat, small soft, went again and longer soft. So Ive decided to go to the Doctors, my app is for next Tuesday. Changed my diet to high fiber, changed it to brat type diet, eating easily digested stuff and back to normal and not much change, in fact on Sunday, I had breakfast, bacon sausage egg, toast and hashbrowns, chicken roast and for supper I had a sandwich. Monday morning, I felt normal.
How is everyone doing?

Angrybird

Feeling very tired today :( the steroids seem to be affecting my sleep at the moment (this can be a side effect with these) it is taking ages to fall asleep and then I am waking up in the night and then again I struggle to get back to sleep. Therefore I felt a bit grouchy at work today :voodoo:

Anyhoo it will interesting to hear what your doc has to say, let us know how the appt goes.

So, soft 2inches today, still get sudden urge to go, but no other pain, over the weekend, softlumps and abit of pain, like a sting which lasted about 5 mins but thats it, no blood for sometime now, Im guessing it was from going alot more.

Make sure you remember to note down some of the things you mentioned here for when you go to see the doc.
Hey!!!

Been to Doctors today, he felt my stomach area and nothing there. Said see how I go for 1-2 weeks, if no better, go to the hostpital and pick up a bowl and spoon for a specimen and take it from there.
Been today, and longer and abit harder id say. PLUS no blood, YAY
How you doing?

Angrybird

Still very tired, going down on the steroid dose again today so hopefully the lower it goes the less they will affect my sleep. Good to hear the doc didn't feel anything, perhaps this is all just down to certain food intolerances.....

Still very tired, going down on the steroid dose again today so hopefully the lower it goes the less they will affect my sleep. Good to hear the doc didn't feel anything, perhaps this is all just down to certain food intolerances.....
Might be, or just one of those things, I love breakfast meals, like bacon egg etc so Im cutting down on them to 2 days, probs weekend, and have a piece of fruit everyday, which I have been doing for 3 weeks now. He asked me if I felt stressed or cant sleep very well. I told him I felt fine, in myself, and other week I had the best night sleep ive had for some time. This afternoon, im going up town to post some stuff and pay my parents back for some festival tickets. Im also hoeping to call in a fast food place, to ask about deliverying leaflets for them in the local area. Which means some excersize as well lol

ive noticed ive lost 4-5lbs in 4 weeks. But over the 4 weeks, I changed my diet and for a couple of days didnt eat much at all and started eating healthier plus started walking about for between 30-45mins.

Been today, and small soft lumps, but over the past few days, I havent felt much bubbling in my stomach. Last year when I had the same thing, and my stomach was bubbling before and then 3 weeks I went back to normal. I feel fine in myself though, eating normally and healthier which cant hurt lol

How are you doing?

Angrybird

Still tired and now achy :( Just had a hot bath to help with one thing and am shortly off to bed to help with the other.......

Keep trying to eat healthy, have you had a look at the diet forum yet? There are some good suggestions there.

Still tired and now achy :( Just had a hot bath to help with one thing and am shortly off to bed to help with the other.......

Keep trying to eat healthy, have you had a look at the diet forum yet? There are some good suggestions there.
Ive put some shelves up today, and I think I might've pulled something in my back again, it feels abit achey but nothing that bad.

No, I havent. think ive said before, that i love breakfast so ive cut that down to just cereals or toast or something like that. and then a sandwich at dinner. then normal meal for dinner. Probs about 3ish Ill have a some fruit. I had an apple today, it was horrible. Thinkit was a different brand to which we normally have.

Im ready for bed as well, had a rubbish nights sleep last night. I couldn't get to sleep, to hot or not comfy etc and then woke up at 4.30 n then kept doozing off every now and then.

Is a lose of weight normal? Doctor never asked about that and didnt notice it till today anyway.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hey how are you today?

Im the same really, no real big improvement. Not bubbling as much but a little other than that, just feel tired due to sleepin cr*p and my back doesnt hurt:). but o well sleep later after celebrity juice :)

Angrybird

Have a horrible headache right now with pain between the eyes going around to the back of my head. Going to go and lie down in the dark I think. Still tired and achy as well but gettng used to this now.

Have a horrible headache right now with pain between the eyes going around to the back of my head. Going to go and lie down in the dark I think. Still tired and achy as well but gettng used to this now.
Hope you feel better soon. Ive been to toilet and still soft lumpy :/ kinda use to that now, but its taken my mind off it,going to the drs, knowing its unlikely to be something really bad

Hey!
How are you today?

Im still the same really, feel a bit gasy in my stomach area, but nothing that bad.

Angrybird

Same as yesterday, it could be down to my meds and all the dosage changes that are going on so I have been told to keep an eye on things and if they get any worse I am to get in touch with the IBD team......

Same as yesterday, it could be down to my meds and all the dosage changes that are going on so I have been told to keep an eye on things and if they get any worse I am to get in touch with the IBD team......
oh :/ I hope you feel better soon

its a shame there isnt a course of tablets to take that treat and heal all of this

Very true, I always agree to partake in any research 'stuff' the docs ask me about in the hope that it will all eventually lead to a cure.
Hey! How are you? Good weekend.
I seem to be a bit more harder. Seems to be every Monday, im harder than the rest of the week lol. Got to give it another weeks from tomorrow, until I need a sample taking :/

Very true, I always agree to partake in any research 'stuff' the docs ask me about in the hope that it will all eventually lead to a cure.
Hey how are?

I feel a lot better, had a sample taken on Tuesday, do you know how long it takes? Do I phone the doctor up or do they phone me?

Didnt get any information with it.

Angrybird

Hi, now up to 125mg on the Aza and down to 5mg on the steroids - wahoo! Still have aches and pains in some of joints but hopefully this will settle down soon. I would perhaps chase the doc Tuesday if you have not heard anything.

Hi, now up to 125mg on the Aza and down to 5mg on the steroids - wahoo! Still have aches and pains in some of joints but hopefully this will settle down soon. I would perhaps chase the doc Tuesday if you have not heard anything.
Sweet

I was going to give it a fortnight. If it was anything really really bad they would ve phoned me up by now

Hey!

How are you?

Think im going to the doctors on tuesday to pick up my test results, If it was serious the Doctors would've phoned me up. Ive been feeling better and everything seems to be getting more soilder

Angrybird

Glad you are doing well :) feeling a bit better myself. Have hosp appt tomorrow so hopefully they will be happy with my bloods from last week so I can come off the steroids and perhaps have the tests done less often.

Hey I got my test results back on Thursday

all clear, nothing wrong with me at all.

How are you?
ATM I have a sore neck :/

seems to be 1 thing after another :/