• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I forgot the skin prep..what to do?

Still trying to get the hang of this....Just changed the bag and realized I forgot to use the sticky skin prep. Should I start over or just leave it alone?

Terriernut

I never used it! I do spray cavillon on first though. I think you should be fine. What appliance/bags are you using??

Today is the first day with a Hollister one-piece. I did use powder for skin breakdown.
Thanks for your feedback.

Nyx

I never use any sprays or barriers and I do fine. No use wasting a flange if it's sticking alright.

I don't use anything, either. Make sure that your skin is clean and dry and that you have pressed the bag down all around. My stoma nurse said to gently press my hand over it for a while as the heat from the hand helps it to stick.

I just forgot to put mine on too, and I even had it out and sitting right next to the bag and wafer!!!! Oops!

At least I know I'll be fine! Now I can compare how it sticks with and without!