• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

IBD stinks

I have been diagnosed with IBD since 1995. They initially said that I had UC b/c it was only sigmoid that seemed to be involved. Had a major flare I guess about 10 years a go now doctor was putting me on prednisone very time I would wean off would start bleeding again. I switched doctors he tried me on a different combo of drugs to no success, ended up in hospital entire transverse colon was almost occluded due to so much inflammation. At that point b/c of skip areas in colon I was fx. With crohns. Doctor started me on remocaide an pow, started feeling human again. Have had some flares since then but mild in comparrison with that. As all of you I am sure I have rounds of feeling sorry for myself. Decided to join thisnforum after on walk fro. Parking lot into work did not make it to toilet in time. Feeling very sorry for myself, needed to have some fellow sufferers for support:voodoo: And that is my story as I view it

Sorry you had an accident! I worry about that a lot as my commute is 45 minutes on back roads, in the morning. I've had too many close calls to count.

Are you still on Remicade? What do they do when you have the small flares on it? I just started it 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it!

Yes have been on it every eight weeks for a long time now. When I have flares they just put me on Prednisone. I hate that b/c it makes me gain weight, irritable, and insomnia as well as everything else. But Remicaide seems to be working well for me. Flares are much more infrequent as they used to be. I am now having lower issues and he put me on canasa supp./rowassa enemas. we will see how it goes. So glad that you are in remission. Hope that remicaide does as well for you as it has for me:)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Girun! Glad you found your way here, I have been on remicade too but short lived, I reacted terribly to it, by the 3rd infusion. Everyone is different on the biologics and other drugs so you have to find your diet and med or what ever helps you. We can help along the way, we are always here!