• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Hello everyone . My name is Alin , I'm from Romania and about two months ago i was diagnosed with Indeterminate Colitis , so i do not know for now if i have Chron or Ulcerative Colitis . All my problems started a year ago when i started having pain , weight loss , lack of apetite , so i went to the hospital and they checked me out and did an appendectomy . In november last year started to have diarrea . On 24 december i started to have pain , diarrea (had to go to the bathroom 6-10 times a day ) , lack of apetite , and weight loss . I thought it was nothing serious , was a nice Cristmas meal and I thought it was from the food I ate. Two days after that i couldn't get out of the bed from the pain. So i went to the Hospital and did CT , colonoscopy and biopsy . And they diagnosed me with Indeterminate Colitis.
Now i folow treatment with Mesalazine (Salofalk) and Prednison ( Gives me very big apetite and I can't eat with salt ).
I feel pretty good now but at the end of the day i feel powerless like i've been pulled out of the plug.
What can I say i feel very happy that I found this forum with people who have the same problem as me , 2 months ago i felt like the only person in this world with this disease .

David

Co-Founder
Hi Alin and welcome! I think you might be our first Romanian member :)

I'm glad that you're feeling pretty good at this point. When you say you, "Feel powerless" does that mean you are experiencing a lot of fatigue?

Out of curiosity, have they checked your vitamin levels such as vitamin B12, folate, and vitamin D?

I wish you well. Again, welcome! :)

Astra

Hiya Alin
and welcome

You're no longer alone with this now, lots of friends here for you.
Please check with doc that he's given you extra calcium to take with the Pred.
Hopefully your meds will make you feel much better soon
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Angrybird

Hello Alin and :welcome: Totally agree about getting your vitamin levels checked and you really should be on a calcium supplement with the Pred if you are not already. I am glad that apart from the tiredness that you are startng to feel a bit better though. When you can have a good look around the forum, there is lots of really helpful info and advice here :)

Yes a lot of fatigue , and yes I'm on a calcium supplement and something for the liver so the meds don't affect it . By the way my diet doesn't allow me to eat fruits , vegetables , milk and milk derivates and I am allowed to drink only tea and decaf coffe . Could this be the diet for the rest of my life ?

Angrybird

Diet is very tricky, if you find that you eat certain veggies and you dont get any tummy problems then based on what I have been told you are good to eat them. It takes a fair bit of trial and error - keep a food diary - but just try to avoid foods that you know will give you issues. What you are avoiding at the moment are more common trigger foods for symptoms but we are all dfferent and what I react to you could be fine with. Nuts, seeds and pips really tend to aggrivate the bowel though so try to avoid these.

So this week did another colonoscopy , and the doc figured out that it's crohn . On monday i begin the biological treatment , should I be worried of some secondary effects ? Like the hunger and acneea from the prednison ?

I will find out on monday , my doctor had to leave for a confference and I remain till then with prednison and no salt (this is the biggest curse). Btw how important is quitting smoking ?