• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Symptoms and diagnosing ... crohns :(

symptoms and diagnosing ... crohns :(

Hi everyone, I'm new to this so I will start from the beginning without taking up the whole page lol. I'm 25 now, but when I was 15 I was admitted to hospital with chronic stomach pain at the top, I mean it was so severe I was screaming the hospital down saying to my mum I really can't cope anymore ... I was in an out of hospital with this going on for years, they did cameras up and down lol, bloods and bariums but all they ever told me was its gastritis and inflammation. (Luton and dunstable hospital) enough said! I was referred to st.marks in london and they didn't do no testing they just said I was inflamed from throat down, wasn't exactly much help at all, this has been going on for 10 years, the last time I have had tests done was around 9 years ago, so who knows what will happen now.
My questions to all is has anyone had severe severe upper abdominal pain and doctors have not made a diagnosis? My symptoms vary, majority of the time I have slight abdominal pain, constipation and uncomfortable bloating, I can have months of hardly noticing anything, but when it 'flares' my god does it start, I am riddled with sickness, diarhea and severe abdominal pain, mainly higher up but also down the bottom. When did you get diagnosed, how long did it take and what were your symptoms? Does my situation sound similair to anyones experience?? Also I have just been referred back to the hospital to GI after 10 years so hoping for a result. I've had enough and I have a 1 year old son and I relapsed as soon as I had him and find it difficult to even look after him some days as I am so doubled over. Am I the only one who has upper abdominal pain?
Any comments will be most helpful, thank you all, kay xxxx:ymad:

Also when it starts up I can be sick for anywhere between 5 - 10days at a time, relapses can last from weeks to months, its been so bad I've had fits and seizures from the pain and most times it flares for no reason

Crohn's Mom

Hi girlinterrupted and welcome ! :)

I too am undiagnosed and also have bouts of severe upper abdominal pain. I have actually been hospitalized twice, for 7 -10 days both times, with no explanation as to what caused the pain upon discharge. It's so frustrating, and I can relate unfortunately.

We have an "undiagnosed club" here and there are a wonderful group of people to talk to and compare notes with. Maybe have a look around :)

I hope you get some answers this time around with the new GI.
Best of luck, and welcome again!

Hi girlinterrupted and welcome ! :)

I too am undiagnosed and also have bouts of severe upper abdominal pain. I have actually been hospitalized twice, for 7 -10 days both times, with no explanation as to what caused the pain upon discharge. It's so frustrating, and I can relate unfortunately.

We have an "undiagnosed club" here and there are a wonderful group of people to talk to and compare notes with. Maybe have a look around :)

I hope you get some answers this time around with the new GI.
Best of luck, and welcome again!

Thank u very much :) yes it is frustrating I'm wondering what could be wrong its obviously something but in the past I have been told 'its nerves' and 'in my head' I've lost count of the amount of times I've been in hospital, its affecting my daily lifestyle and my sons. I will keep you updated! X

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, unfortunately it seems nearly a common occurance to go months if not years without any type of diagnosis. I do not understand why it seems accepted that you have tests that show inflammation but the docs give no explanation for it.....

You may already be doing this but I think you should go to your GP and say you want this looked into and it needs to be done properly this time and make it clear that you will not just be patted on the head and sent on your way. You will need to be very firm and if there is stll inflammation going on they need to give a explanation for this and actually treat it. Perhaps this can be ralated to some type of severe indigestion type issue or bile salts not being absorbed properly - I am thinking along these lines because of where your pain is.

I do hope this time you will be able get some answers, let us know how you get on.

Hiya thanks for ur reply. I know, its not acceptable how they can fob stomach pain off. No its def more than indigestion. I've had raised blood cells and all sorts.