• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Asacol HD--best way to take it?

I am starting Asacol HD 800 mg tablets tomorrow. I'm supposed to take them 3x daily.
I also take a thyroid medicine and was wondering if it's ok to take the two together. (I know not to take vitamins with it, but not sure about this medicine)

I have to take it 3 times a day..so do you guys take it with meals, or how do you get it all in?!

Thanks so much! I appreciate you all:)!!!

Hi MendyVarner
For me I take it about half an hour before meals with a good glass of water. After the initial feeling when it gets into your stomach the rest is history. Also if your feeling a bit sore I think it helps ease the pain/inflamation so you will be able to eat. I also find that when your used to it you will know when you've missed one .
Good luck and i hope this helps.