• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introductions...

C

Crohnic

Hello all

I'm from Belfast, N.Ireland, i'm a 27year old male, been diagnosed with Crohn's since Nov '04.
Seemed to manage for a couple of years with a diet change (no - gluten, dairy, corn, sugar, spices, onions, citrus, etc.) and 2g of Pentasa a day weened down to nothing.

Then I started a HND course in Music Production and I think the stress of all the work got too much for me and I started eating things I shouldn't and things just spiralled.

I have had explosive diarrhoea for over 6 months now and have just started taking Azathioprine and Prednisone. Just waiting for them to kick in.

On a lighter note, I play bass guitar, I DJ, I create sample-based and other types of music.
Last good book I read was The Stand by Stephen King - very long but very hard to put down.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Speak soon.

Word

Welcome to the forum.

If the pred is not working for you then ask your GI about other medications. AZA should also be kicking in soon and if it doesn't then tell your GI about switching to something else.

I'm minoring in music production and play guitar, would like to get about learning bass soon.

Best of luck

From what I'm told, most doctors expect flare-ups during school/university due to the naturally increased stress.
I always said that learning was bad for you! :D

Welcome to the forum :)

vickyoddsocks

wears odd socks
Yeah ive had alot of problems through college and uni, always around exam time too! lol!
(my boyfriend plays left handed bass! lol) :)

B

Bosco

Welcome!! I'm from Dublin in Ireland, lovely to have you here. I've only just joined but it's great to know that your not alone with this. I was ill through school and college, it's not nice because i felt it held me back alot, then trying to explain to friends, teachers etc. Once you find what workd for you, you'll be on the mend.
Best of luck!

hiya Chronic, welcome to the family :)

it does seem that times of stress exacerbate Crohns, in fact most ongoing conditions flare when we're under pressure. & with Crohns, it sometime takes ages to get the symptoms calm again. i hope things settle down for you soon!

ps. Stephen King is my fave author :D