• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone to Entocort

sawdust

I've recently tapered from prednisone and started 9mg of Entocort in its place. For others who have done this in the past, did you notice a period of time when your body adjusts to the Entocort or it kicks in and does is thing? Boy, I hope. :(

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
They are both steroids so they both act quickly (few days at least). They can be taken together as well (I had to before my resection). Your body will start to feel poorly (most likely) from coming off of the Prednisone but hopefully things wont get too bad while the Entocort kicks in.

sawdust

Thanks, Crabby. I slept like garbage a couple of nights and was in more pain than I had been in before while on pred. It is feeling better today, so I hope it continues. I was a little concerned there.

I'm also hoping to get away from some of the pred side effects, which were worse this time than I've had in the past. I went out and bought new pants twice in February. :( I do think my face is already a little less puffy but I have more zits than I did as a teenager. :yfaint: The short-term side effects I try not to worry about - it's the long term ones I try to keep in mind. I keep telling myself that as I have found the Entocort less effective so far, but I'm sure it will kick in here soon. Thanks again, Crabby.
:crabby1:

Last edited: