• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A few questions about methotrexate

A few questions about methotrexate and other symptoms

Hello everyone hope you are all ok.

I just had a few questions I have been thinking about for a while so I thought maybe someone in the forum could help.

First how long did methotrexate work for you? I am worried about how long this medicine will last as I have has no luck with others I have tried.

I had been doing ok but recently been going from constipated to D, does anyone else get this. Also when I do go my poop is flat and sometimes thin I have told my Dr but he didn't seem to bothered about it.
Yesterday I had a lot of blood which I havnt had for a couple of months now and also through the night as when I changed my underwear this morning I had blood in there (sorry tmi). It's just got me a bit worried don't want to go into a flare again as I have not long out of one.

I have also been getting swollen lymph nodes on my neck just under my chin it's not painfull has anyone else had this on mtx?

I probably have lots more questions but can't think of them at the moment so I will leave it at those for the moment lol

Last edited:
Methotrexate

Hi Kayleigh,

Methotrexate was my last drug before I was finally put on Remicade 5 years ago - I took metho (and Entocort on and off) for about 6 months after a ferocious flare up/partial obstruction which had me out of work for 3 months.

I can't say that the methotrexate helped me greatly but I did have some semblance of normality with only moderate symptoms for a good few months, which for me at that time was an improvement. You also sound as if you aren't yet symptom free but maybe in time that will improve.

I hope it gets better for you and persist with your doctor if you're worried about any strange symptoms - you know your body best.

Sorry I can't enlighten you any further, good luck!

I really hope I can get back to some sort of normality I am worried about losing my job because of all the sick days but I really can't work at the moment I have done it before and ran myself into the ground.
I have tried remicade and humira and methotrexate is my last step before surgery or trials. I hate waiting to know if this is going to work or if I will have to try something else. I have been on methotrexate since I think aug/sept last year but was in a very bad flare and only came of steroids late January.
Thank you for replying