• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Low Fiber

N

Nick

Hello gang,

So the doc says I need to be on a low fiber diet.

But how low is low. It is recommended that we should have a minimum of 22g of fiber in our diet daily.

The questions is, is half that amount low, or say a quarter?

It's all a bit of a strain really.

i dont know about any of the gram measurements we should or shouldn't have, i just avoid all the products on the supermarket shelves that say "high in fibre". thats seems to be working well enough for me:D

Nick said:
It's all a bit of a strain really.

:ylol2:

Not sure that pun was intended or not but...lmao. :)

Personally I have to have fiber or I get backed up. I am the anti-normal crohns person.

I go for simple white rice dishes and sushi.

I cannot tolerate wheat and a few other foods.

I also drink carrot juice for veggies

white rice, white bread, broth, jello, meats, cheeses. If you want veggies go with the V8 splash, and normally many can tolerate green beans.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I guess the best thing to do would be to ask your doctor just exactly how low on fiber he/she wants you to be.
If you get stuck for ideas, just do a search for 'low fiber foods'. A bunch of good lists came up.

Kittee - I got that pun right away too. HA!

Penny - are you trying to write a poetry book?
Fiber, fiber, it makes you poop.
Down your leg and in your boot.

That's good poetry!!
I've gone down my leg to the carpet. Has anyone on here pooped in there boots??

N

Nick

Thanks for the advice gang.

I have "googled" low fiber and came up with lists and I did ask doc how low is low, but he was rather vague.

I am trying to see a dietian but I need to be referred.

Sorry about the weak pun:)