• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bleeding again please help

bleeding again please help

well ive being having symptoms which include diahoria, blood from my back end, loss of appetite, nausea (every morning ) and vomiting, im also very tired and cant eat properly because of this. I was sent to a GI doctor had a sigmoidscope and 2 endiscopes. the sigmoidscope only showed mild imflamation of the bowel and they done biopsys. My first endiscope my stomach was full of food after 12 hours so i went back again and the results came out i had moderate gastritis and they have put me on PPI therapy to control acid in my stomach. They took biopsys of the stomach and duodenum.

well a hand full of times now ive had blood out my back passage and it is quite a lot.....tonight again i have been twice and blood and looks a fair bit......im confussed as there was no mention of any tears or hermeroids (that could cause bleeding) in my sigmoidscope. I dont no what else to do? can some one please help and advice me on what this could be

nogutsnoglory

Bright red indicates hemorrhoids or a tear close to the anus. More concerning is black stool indicating internal bleeding.

David

Co-Founder
Not necessarily. The break point for bright red is actually way up in the duodenum distal (closer to the anus) of the Ligament of Treitz.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Actually I was bleeding from my TI and it was bright red. Depends on the amount of blood and how long its been in your system. The longer the darker. I always go to the ER when I see a toilet full of blood cause its not good to leave something like that go untreated. Be sure to let your GI know immediately and I'd go to the ER anyway for the bleeding and vomiting. They can do tests there to see where the bleeding is coming from (I know a barium swallow with x-ray showed where my bleeding was coming from).

Sorry for the late post.