• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New & thankful

Hello there, I was diagnosed last year with Crohn's after firing the first gi dr when he said I think you have Crohn's but you look good. What does that mean exactly? That my make up looks great? Lol. I have found a wonderful new dr/digestive health center :) & the Crohn's is confirmed. I am thankful its not severe yet & have been spending hours each day researching treatments, diet, general information, etc. on what I can do myself / with my dr/ medication to get my crohns under controlI must say this site has helped me in every way. I am on my second round of entocort as another flare has struck while trying Pentasa and it failing :(. Kind of scared of the Imuran or remicade the dr wants me to try next but, understand why it's important to get into remission. Thank you to everyone for all of the posts in every section of this site. It helps to know I am not alone fighting this disease. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome Heidit68! I recently joined the forum myself after a year visiting the pages. The information from people going thru the same things we do daily is very helpful and encouraging. I recently started the Remicade infusions and was fearful of that drug as well. So far I can tell you that it has helped me to taper the prednisone and I no longer have blood in stools daily. It has been great for me. Hope you are doing much better soon..

Angrybird

Hello and :welcome: to the forum, I am glad that you are already finding the info here helpful, it is good that you are getting yourself educated on this disease. Can I assume based on your comments that you have checked out the sub forums for each of the above mentioned meds? If not do check these out so you can then weigh up the pro's and con's of each before making a final decision.

Wishing you well again soon and hope to see you around the forum :)

xx

NB Pls keep us updated on how you are getting on.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Heidi and welcome, I'm really glad you found your way to our little community. I'm pleased to hear it has been beneficial for you already! We're here for you anytime and look forward to getting to know you better as well :)

I wish you nothing but the best going forward.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I had the blood tests today and will start the Imuran soon. I hope each of you are doing well!