• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cakes, tarts or cookies - any suggestions?

I love baking things like cakes and cookies, but since I've been on the LOFFLEX diet I've had to give my baking up because of the restrictions on the diet. I wonder whether anyone has any recipe suggestions for some kind of cake, tart or biscuit that is free from egg, dairy (I can use rice/soya milk or small amounts of dairy free margarine as a replacement), wheat, gluten and corn/maize?

I did make some honey rice krispy cakes a couple of weeks ago which were really yummy, but it also made a horrible sticky mess in the pan which was difficult to clean.

Any suggestions?

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hi SarahD,

I don't personally know anything youcan try, but you might want to try a search on a search engine for gluten free vegan desserts. You still need to look at the ingredients to ensure none of your restricted foods are in the recipe, but that should hopefully help find some treats you can enjoy.