• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to crohns

Hey my name is chelsey and I was recently diagnosed with crohns disease this past month. Two years ago I saw a gi doctor for some right lower quadrant pain and he informed me at 18 that I had what seemed to be crohns disease. We did a colonoscopy( worst experience ever) and concluded that I needed pentasa. My dr at the time chose not to diagnose me but to treat my symptoms to see if it helped. It did. Worked awesome for 6 months and then I became pregnant.
We quit the pentasa and decided to see if my "crohns" went away with pregnancy which it did!! It went away for about a year after my son was born and as soon as I quit breastfeeding after 13 months it came back. Worse than ever. I put off going to the dr ( not wanting to have more tests ) but finally I had to. Running to the bathroom was taking over my life.

They did 4 tests all came back positive for crohns. The dr I saw wanted to put me back on pentasa as well as 6mp. I read articles online and quickly got a second opinion to my diagnosis.

Meanwhile the pentasa hasn't been working as well as it did the first go around still having minor pain just not as often as before. My new dr. Put me on entocort as well as pentasa and ordered a stomach ct which I am having in the am.
Any advice on why I am having terrible upper abdominal muscle pain in the
mornings? Makes no since since my crohns is in my lower abdomen?

Hi Chelsea!
I can relate to your story. I had the lower right pain, but also had it higher, as well- right after I would eat. I had a endoscopy and turns out I have Crohn's at my duodenum. (where the stomach and small intestine meet) that is why I was experiencing pain there. I am on a proton pump inhibitor, (like Nexium) and not having any issues.
I hope you are able to get some answers and some relief!

Angrybird

Hello Chelsey and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of helpful info and support here so pls do have a good look around. How long have you been on the meds? Has the scan been requested to have a look at things higher up because of the pain your are experiencing?

I hope you can be feeling better soon, let us know how things go with the scan.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Chelsea and welcome :)

Any word on the result of the CT yet? I hope it went well!

Which area of your upper abdomen hurts? Left? Middle? Right?

We're here for you anytime. Please keep us updated!