• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie to crohns life

newbie to crohns life

I am having a hard time with all of this I have crohns for sometime, they didnt relize it until I was 38, I have had other health issue such as endometrtisis, ( finally had hysterectomy at 37,and arthrtsis. I am lactose intolance since I was a kid, I am also allergy to soy,peanuts, and dustmice, I also have GERD, so my diet is blah. Because when I eat i feel bloated and bathroom issues are the worst, I fight with C diff on and off for some time now. I have had a resection of my large colon2 yrs ago. I have aches and pains, with not being able to have NSID due to crohns, my GI dr has me on Tramadol for the pains, it makes me sick as a dog, and sleepy so it works but its doesnt I want to live a normal life.
Am currently on Azathioprine, Tradamol, vitamin for my calcium C for lactose and Vitamin D for lack of due to crohns, 2 different Glyol, Singuilar, Prilosec. This is my second and third GI doctor, and I still am have issues. My family doctor is helping the best he knows how, he really listens, the GI seem to care but dont really seem to listen Is it because I am so restricted? HELP

David

Co-Founder
Wow, I'm so sorry you're suffering so much. You poor thing :(

But welcome to the forum, I'm really glad you decided to join.

Have you heard of elemental nutrition? Based upon everything you've said and since your diet is already, "blah" I'd suggest you look into it. We have a whole forum dedicated to it here. It is actually shown to have remission rates as high as prednisone without all the side effects.

I wish you all the best! We're here for you anytime you need us :)

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum. That is a lot to be putting up with! :( I agree with David about looking into elemental nutrition and checking out the forum about it, hopefully this may do the trick for you.

I am glad you have decided to join us as whilst there is a lot of really helpful info here there is also a lot of support from a great bunch of people which I think helps when going through tough times.

Wishing you better soon.

AB
xx

Hi! Welcome to the forum.

I had to go through two docs, before I found the right one. It takes time to figure it all out. After I'd done the run through on several medications, my doc put me on Humira. It has been a god-send. I'm not 100 percent perfect, still have some pain, bloating, etc., but am much better than I was.

Keep searching for the right doc. It's worth it. I can't eat nuts, or fiber, and dairy makes me sicker than a dog, even on the Humira. But I can eat french-fries! So, I get where you are coming from. Having a doc who listens and cares, is worth everything.

Welcome hon, sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Try another GI, you need one you feel comfortable with and like, if they don't respond the way you need them too, then off to the next as far as I am concerned. This is your life, and your illness and the docs work for YOU not the other way around.
And just to tell you, I had a great friend that was from Kenosha originally. :)

Wow, I'm so sorry you're suffering so much. You poor thing :(

But welcome to the forum, I'm really glad you decided to join.

Have you heard of elemental nutrition? Based upon everything you've said and since your diet is already, "blah" I'd suggest you look into it. We have a whole forum dedicated to it here. It is actually shown to have remission rates as high as prednisone without all the side effects.

I wish you all the best! We're here for you anytime you need us :)
Thanks David I will look into it I canr drinks most of those due to have dairy in them

Thanks everyone, it just sucks..
@ Clynn oh may I ask who? I was born and raised in Kenosha all my life.
P S What does everyone do for insurance I am unable to work and no insurance

Her name is Janet Pierce. I know she had two older brothers as well. She and her parents moved to Missouri sometime around 1985 or 86.