04-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
adele89

My crohn's

Hello, my names adele and im 22 and living with crohn's disease. In 2010/2011 i was very ill and lost loads of weight (down to 6st) and couldn't stay awake longer than an hour. I was unable to eat and ended up having ensure nutritional supplements. On 13th May 2011, i had my first operation where the doctor explained that i was very messed up inside and had to remove numerous blocked areas leaving me with an ileostomy and a mucous fistula. Luckily in 4 weeks time on 3rd May 2012 im going in to hopefully get evrything put back together. Fingers crossed!!!
04-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
CLynn

Welcome to the forum, Adele! Sorry to hear how you have been, yes, fingers crossed for you today! Let us know how it goes!
Surgeries: re-section 2004
Currently taking: B-12 injections every 2 weeks, multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil (1000 mg), D3 (5000 mg)

Also lucky enough to have psoriasis as well.
04-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Angrybird

My Support Groups:
Hello Adele and to the forum. How are you feeling at the moment? Are you on any meds? I will definetly be keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the reversal op, pls keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx

DX: Crohns July 2002
Surgery: Ileocecal Resection Sept 2011
Now:Tummy behaving itself and new mummy to baby Nicholas
Current Meds: 6-MP 75mg,B12 injections every 3 months
Previous Meds: Budesonide, Prednisone, Remicade, Pentesa,Hydroxychlorequine,Azathioprine (tried twice) and Methotrexate
04-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
adele89

I'm feeling great at the moment! Haven't had any problems since I had the op in may 2011! I take azathioprine only now! Was on prednisolone and 4hourly injections I think called remicade when I was Ill! I'll defo keep you all informed!
04-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
David
Co-Founder

Hi adele and welcome I'm so pleased to hear that you're feeling great right now And fingers crossed about everything being put back in place soon!

We're here for you anytime you need us. I wish you all the best and hope you keep us updated as to how you're doing.