• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New symptoms . Any advice or thoughts ?

So for about three weeks now Ive been gettin some new symptoms that I havent experienced before. I noticed that my pee was smelling quite sweet and sort of strong almost fruity . Now my pooh is also smelling like this.
Im getting small lumps in my armpits and they are quite painfull and i have got some small blisters in my eyelids and tongue. Alot of headaches.

At this stage I dont get excited anymore but If any body gets these things can you tell me are they just a natural progression of this IBD or any other thoughts on it would be appreciated.

Diet and meds have remained the same so no big changes.Still have varying D and C and constant right side pain as usual . My weight is relatively stable and a Im constantly hungry.

Astra

Hiya Peter

That smell might be from either eating something such as asparagus which makes your wee smell, so does Sugar Puffs!
Or a sign of diabetes. Have you got urgency?
Have your doc do a urine sample to rule it out.
The lumps could be a blocked sweat gland, very common, or an enlarged lymph node.
Get the doc to check it out too. Just to be on the safe side
You sound really run down Peter, get well soon
xxx

Thanks Joan.
No asparagus nor sugar puffs . Urguency ,well I could pee for Ireland some days. Its a bit strange as my right arm has felt really powerless for about two weeks . I must be comming down with a bug I guess.
Diabeties is a possibility as my brother and father are both diabetic..
I think I about to change into a creature from outer space as For once Im lost for answers.
Will try an get a appoinment with my doc before I change into a werewolf or somethin.
Peter X

Me too, Joan. At one point I had 3 chins! A photo was taken of my husband and I at that time, holidays one year. Wouldn't you know, my sis in law loved it and framed it, put it on display at her home. I begged her to please take it down, lol!

This thread really brightened my day and made me laugh! It reminded me of why we join these types of groups in the first place. We are here for each other :)