• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nausea, Fatigue and Soreness

Alright, I havent been on here in a while, but wanted to ask for help with a few issues. I've had Chrons for 8 years and have had two resections in that time, the last one being in May of 2011. After my first surgery, everything seemed to go back to normal for my system. Well, actually it went back to a new normal but with some diligence in what I ate and how I lived, I was able to keep things in check. My last flare up in October of 2010 lead to my resection in May of 2011 and after that time, really nothing has been normal.

My last resection lead to the removal of all of my Ilium. Im sure this played a part in things being very abnormal for me, or at least abnormal in my perception of normalcy. My bowel movements were almost totally liquid even 6 months later and my system felt completely out of whack all of the time.

So 3 months ago I went Vegetarian and stopped eating or drinking Dairy products. Ive still had some eggs, so Im not at Vegan yet, but pretty close. Within the first three weeks of this change, I immediately felt a change in my system. My bowel movements gained solidity and my trips to the bathroom decreased. It was/is an amazing change from the way things have been since last May.

The issue is that in the last 2 weeks I've become very nauseous almost all day, have been exceedingly tired and my back and knees have been aching. I've also had both ends of the spectrum as far as bowel movements go, with it alternating between solid and liquid.

I dont know if this is the start of a flare or if its something less serious. I dont have any intestinal pain other than some gas issues, but the nausea running from the time I wake up until I go to sleep is disturbing.

Current Issues:
-Nausea
-Fatigue
-Soreness in joints and back
-Dry & tired eyes