• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I was taken down by a Ham and Cheese hot pocket

I have been sick for the last day and a half. I am on a variety of meds and yet I was taken down by a %$#& hot pocket!! Ham and Cheese!

Somehow it must have had some type of pepper in it. So all day, if I tried to eat I was in pretty bad pain. Which is always nice when I have to have my son at the baseball facilty- for his core work out. Hour and a half. He told his trainer my core was working too- just not the same way!! Smart @##!! (keeps things light)

Does anyone have a suggestion on lunch/dinner foods?

Thanks in advance-

:angry-banghead:

lauren

Definitely not a hot pocket!!

I had to laugh, I have sabotaged myself before with really stupid food choices.

As much as it sucks, stay as light as you can, mostly liquids like soup or broth and easier foods like applesauce or yogurt if you can tolerate them.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Been there...last night...quick food needed... Wendy's Bacon Cheeseburger Jr. Up and down all night. Better today.

SarahAnne is spot on- soft, easy to digest foods for a few days. I take jello, bananas, oatmeal, soup, and juice to the office with me on such days. Sometimes I will just consume juice and broth for a day or two. Usually calms me down.

I have found that sometimes it is the preservatives that get me especially with any wheat product.

Wendy

It is scary how much food can make problems for us! @lauren, just to let you know processed packaged foods don't do well for me, unless maybe I get them from the organic section of the store. I don't do well with all the additives. Just a thought!

Kit

I think we have all probably done this to ourselves before. I get nervous every time I have to pick up something to eat fast. I do have my favorites though.