• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi im new to this site

I been diagnsed with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in dec 2011. Before i was diagnose i went in the emergency room for a stomach pain and 3 hours later they was preparing me for surgery and they explained to my mother. it took three hospitals to come together in a meeting to find out what was wrong and until this day they are trying to find out how did i get it and no one in my family has it. after my surgery i cried for days cause it was hard taking it in knowing i have other illness also. now, i came out the hospital recently and im taking my new meds and i have to think about another surgery my doctor wants me to do and its scary when no one understands how you feel and what i'm going through. And i had a colonscopy they found out that i had ulcer in the colon and intestines.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum. If you don't mind me asking what meds are you currently on? What surgery did you have and what is the next one your doc is now discussing with you? What symptoms are you currently experiencing?

I am sorry to hear that you are not doing so well at the moment hun, please know you have definetly come to the right place to get all the info and support you need :hug:

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to our little community :) I'm glad you found your way here!

What medications are you on at present? What kind of surgery did you have?

All my best to you!

i'm currently taking Humira,Budesonide and pentesa. I had an abscess on the right side of my lower abdominal and he wants me to have surgery on my ileum. my systoms are stomach pains some days and nausea mostly. Thank you for welcoming me :)

annawato

Staff member
Welcome to the crohns forum. It can all be very scary when you are first diagnosed and dont understand anything - in fact it can also be scary when youv'e had it for years and still dont understand everything so you have definitely come to the right place. From what you wrote in your 1st post, the ulcers in your small and large intestines are probably the ulcers that are indicative of crohn's as crohn's is an ulcerating disease of the bowel. It can be hereditary but isn't necessarily - no-one else in my family has had it. Usually they don't know what causes it although it is an autoimmune disorder and some of us are just unlucky enough to get it. Most people don't have it severely though or find it can be well controlled with medication. The important thing is to find a GAstro and doctor who you feel comfortable with and can understand.
In your 2nd post, you mention an abscess - if this is still there then you probably will need to have surgery- yes its painful for a week or so but it will remove the diseased part of your bowel and you may then be well for many many year so its well worth having if the doctors recommend it.
i hope I've been some help in easing your fears - you are not alone - ask away about anything - i'm sure someone here will be able to help. All the best,

Thank you all for your messages :) I'm new here, too, and am struggling to find a doctor that I really connect with. Any tips for finding someone you are comfortable with? again, many thanks. And good luck!