• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Expressing my feelings

Dear all,

I have been diagnosed with Crohns for nearly a year and a half now. Ever since I started medication, I have felt much better. I regained my strength and put on some of the weight I had lost. I could actually sleep at night without being woken due to the agonising pain thanks to Crohns. I just felt so much better and felt so good about it. I was happy again.

I have now reached a point where I still do feel better than I did back then. However I am so tired of waking up with constant rumbling in my stomach and a burning sensation in my side. I sometimes feel tired and not in the mood to do much. Anyway please excuse me but I felt the need to express my feelings...

Thank you
JCrohns

Express away hun.
It is what we are here for.
I do it a lot on here. Vent my feelings if I am not getting anywhere. Share my feelings when I am feeling well(very rare for me)
I am glad you are feeling better bit sorry you feel so tired. Have you seen a doc about the rumblings and pain? Are you on any meds at the moment?
Sorry for the questions
Xxxxxxxxxx

Astra

Hiya JC
and welcome

When was the last time you had all your blood work done? You'll find a few threads on here re: fatigue and Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Hope you find comfort here with us, let it all out!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

David

Co-Founder
Hi J and welcome to the forum :) By all means, express anything and everything you need to. We're here for you. And I agree with Astra above who mentioned the vitamin B12. I'd suggest getting that checked if you haven't as people with CD are commonly deficient.

Take care bud :)

This is the very best place to vent, JC. Here, we all understand it, and do it ourselves. Being heard and knowing you are supported are so important.

Hi to all and thanks for your warm comments! I went for some blood tests last week actually. Haven't gotten any results though.. Thing is i haven't yet figured out whether flares appear because of something I ate, or if they just do.. ATM i'm on the following meds

- Azatophrin 50mg x4
- Pentasa 500mg 2morning, 2fternoon, 2evening
- Folic Acid

Hello Jcrohns, and welcome to the forum. Many wonderful people with great advice. Sorry to hear your not feeling that well. Hopefully your blood tests show b12 or something that can help.also a symptoms diary might help with the question of wether it's something you ate causing flares. List your foods, meds, bm, and symptoms. Best wishes...and theres a vent away section in the support sub forum, so express as much as you like. It's wonderful to speak to others with the same issues. xoxo

JCrohns-
I am both sad and glad for you!

I am sad that you have IBD but, very happy you found this forum!
There was nothing like this when I was diagnosed- and the things
I have learned- more here than any Dr I have ever seen!

I am glad that you are feeling better. I ate something last week and
I have been paying for it ever since!

:thumright:

Lauren