• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone!

Another newbie here!
There's an amazing variety of experiences and a lot of good advice and support on this forum. I'm hoping to make a bit more sense of everything, even though I was diagnosed a long time ago.
I was diagnosed in 1972 when I was 16, but I always felt I had a relatively easy time of it... until the last three or four years. then I had to go through the usual round of tests - barium x-rays, colonoscopies and whatever. Everything is reasonably well controlled with drugs although I am prone to bouts of fatigue... not sure if that's Crohns or whether it's an age thing... maybe a bit of both.
I've played in bands for a number of years (sax and bass), but now I've had to give that up (at least for the time being) as it was all getting a bit much. Also gone part time for the day job (I'm an auditor).
Cheers everyone

Thanks for the reply Pen. When I was first diagnosed not many people had really heard of it... seems quite widespread now (or maybe that's just the perception when you've got it yourself) but definitely seems to come up in clusters in my opinion.
I agree about the stress, I've got quite a good diet (when the disease isn't playing up), don't drink, don't smoke and all that... but I can feel it all going downhill when I get stressed, and unfortunately that's usually brought on by the day job, although I have to say they are quite understanding about it all!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Agent X20!

I am sorry to hear that you have had some recent troubles with your disease. Hopefully it has nothing to do with the line of work (I have worked two summer internships at an accounting firm and will be starting full time there next year) ;).

Hi Mike
I don't feel like such a newbie now...I've settled in a bit. Rather a lot of pleasant people here, and all with their own take on this disease... an absolute goldmine of information and mutual support!
Good luck with the accounting! I suppose... being honest, it was the accumulated effect of day-time auditing and night-time gigging that really stressed me out in the end! One of them had to go!