• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Girl has Crohns

Hello Everyone
I have been commenting on here for a while but I realised I havent followed the rules and written an intro so here we go!

I was diagnosed when I was 15, my brother has Crohns and a cousin on my Mums side both have Crohns so its in the family somewhere! Since being diagnosed 9 years ago I have had two small bowel resections and still managed to get two A levels and go to University. Finding real life a little bit harder now but I work as a gallery assistant and make video art amongst other things. When I don't feel ill!
I'm on my second round of infliximab since December, which has sorted out my strictures just about and I am for the first time in ages able to eat 3 meals a day! But has come with a whole new load of troubles. I've developed a couple of fistulas which I'm not very impressed about. They are hoping the infliximab will sort out them out, fingers crossed!
I am quite preoccupied with food and eating! I really like cooking and I am big fan of Jamie Oliver. I enjoy reading about what you all eat! I was drinking Modulen for about 5 years but I've suddenly developed a massive dislike of it and I'm now enjoying fruity fortisip instead.
Anyway just wanted to introduce myself! Anyone fancy saying hi or had similar experiences I'd love to hear them.
Lizzy

Angrybird

Hello Lizzy and :welcome: to the forum. Glad you are able to eat more but such a shame that you now have fistulas to deal with :( Have you had a chance yet to look around the abscesses and fistulas forum? If not do go and have a nosy around. I have been on Modulen myself for a while leadng up to my op last year and did like it but could not imagine being on it for that long - well done you! I am not surprised you have now had enough of it.

I hope the remi can sort things out for you fully soon.

AB
xx

Hi AB! Thanks for the message! I haven't found that fistula forum yet, I'll have a look for it. I've only known about them for a few months so I'm not very clued up on them.
Yeah I was a big fan of Modulen for ages! I was taking in twice a day and eating as well. It really did me a lot of good but I just can't bear the thought of it now!

David

Co-Founder
Hi Lizzy, thanks for taking a few minutes to share your story :) It's great having you here. I'm sorry to hear about the fistulae and pray the Remicade will close them up ASAP.

All my best to you :)

rygon

Hi Lizzy, im on Remicade as well which is helping loads (6 doses so far) although ive never had any fistulas or strictures.

I love jamie Oliver as well, got a few of his cookbooks and his pans. Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall is another great chef I find (his veg book is amazing)

rygon

Jamie olivers website has loads of free recipes on it. Just noticed the 30min meal book is half price on amazon with free delivery. My brother has it and its really good
Veg one is also on offer as well