• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dr's app comming up on Wednesday

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Moonrae
Are you seeing a gastroenterologist or your family doctor.
You are looking to find out what is wrong with you so after giving your symptoms and listening to what the physician is saying, you will be asking about any tests that are required and the reason for undergoing them.
Once a diagnosis is made then how will it be treated and what kind of medication will it entail.
Hope this may help.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Yes it will be my first visit to the gastroenterologist. The family doctor thinks its Chrons just by symptoms. And thank you for helping.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Yes let them know your symptoms, even joint pain or issues with your skin or eyes, tiredness etc. (Crohn's can affect other parts of the body). Ask what tests they plan on doing (most do a colonoscopy and endoscopy and a small bowel follow through to start then go from there) and ask what blood work they plan on doing (make sure they test your vitamin levels to see if you're low on any). Bring a pen and paper so you can write things down and be able to ask questions as they arise. Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

Guess I was hoping for more at this appointment. I'm tired of being in pain every muscle and joint I have hurts and the doctor just looked at me like I was crazy. And I showed her what I get on the bottoms of my feet right before a big flare and she said she didn't know what it was. It looks like ecsema does though. But I got my colonoscopy appointment set too bad its not till August. I'm just so tired of hurting. I can't even take pain killers because they don't stay down. Not even real sure I like this doctor but I can't change cause I don't have insurance and am going through the county hospital. I just want to feel decent.