• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pill Cam prep help

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi.
I've started drinking the magnesium citrate as required for the test in the morning. They want me to finish drinking the first bottle within 15 min but, I'm having a horrible time finishing the stuff and it's now beyond the required 15 min that they wanted. :sign0085: Gotta admit that I'm smaller than the normal person usually doing this and weigh less as well. Tried calling the office, but they're already closed. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Lisa

That was my pill cam prep as well. Try a straw? I've heard when drinking disgusting stuff, if you can aim it past your taste buds, it helps. I got the lemon lime flavor of mag citrate and I didn't find it as awful as I thought it might be. Very salty, if I recall correctly. I would just try to get it all down as soon as possible. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :( Hope your test goes alright.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Thanks. I've gotten a little more than half the bottle down. Stomach is just so upset that I'm dealing with nausea and belching. Will do my best and see what can be done.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Wasn't able to finish even the first bottle because I started vomiting. Went through with the test anyway. Am thankful to be unattatched from the camera and recorder tonight:) Should hear results by tue.